View Full Version : Any multiplayer internet games on PocketPC?

Veggie_Musician
08-23-2004, 05:40 PM
Any multiplayer internet games on PocketPC?

Would love to be able to play stuff over Wifi.

gregmills
08-23-2004, 06:08 PM
Snails has online multi-player but right now I think it only works in WM2002 and the PC version. They are working on getting around some problems with WM2003. They're support has been pretty good so far so I expect they'll have it all working very soon.

Incidentally, the multi-player will work on your local network so you could use your wifi to play your WM2003 PPC against another player using a the desktop pc version on the same network (or another PPC for that matter).

rocky_raher
08-23-2004, 06:54 PM
I suspect that this isn't quite what you asked for, but I enjoy ludichess over Avantgo. (www.ludichess.com) Chess (a two-player game) stretches the definition of "multi-player" a bit, I admit. The play is more like postal chess than OTB. Still, if you like chess at all, check (no pun intended!) it out.

Veggie_Musician
08-23-2004, 07:16 PM
I just want something were I can log on to a server and play with random ppl :)

gregmills
08-23-2004, 07:32 PM
Chess... that reminds me of something I saw on freewareppc.com today. I haven't downloaded and tried yet.

HellChess (http://hellhound.nl/hc/feat.html)

The site says "play online with your friends or total strangers via Direct Connect or the HellHound Masterserver!"

Has anyone tried it?

gregmills
08-23-2004, 09:24 PM
OK, I tried out HellChess and it's not bad as far as chess games go. It's a little bit rough around the edges but it works. I don't see any option for any kind of networked gameplay. Perhaps that feature is only available in the PC version.

gregmills
08-24-2004, 11:32 AM
I just found a turn-based battle game coming soon.

http://www.agilemobile.com/c%2B%2B.html#

ST8
08-24-2004, 12:27 PM
Quake?

quake.pocketmatrix.com :D

mrkablooey
08-24-2004, 01:33 PM
Snails has online multi-player but right now I think it only works in WM2002 and the PC version. They are working on getting around some problems with WM2003. They're support has been pretty good so far so I expect they'll have it all working very soon.

Can't wait for my x30 to come to be able to play this online. Guess I could use my 2215 but I'd have to go through all that trouble of putting in my wifi card. :wink:

gregmills
08-24-2004, 02:24 PM
Isn't PocketQuake something like 18 megs with the engine and the game pak? I thought about installing it once but decided that the screen is already small and the controls take up half of it so I figured that it would be hardly playable.

But then I didn't realize that online multi-player worked. Even so, I wouldn't think you would last very long online if you playing against PC users.

Wiggster
08-24-2004, 02:28 PM
Isn't PocketQuake something like 18 megs with the engine and the game pak? I thought about installing it once but decided that the screen is already small and the controls take up half of it so I figured that it would be hardly playable.

But then I didn't realize that online multi-player worked. Even so, I wouldn't think you would last very long online if you playing against PC users.

Try it in Landscape mode against another PPC... great fun :mrgreen:

ST8
08-24-2004, 04:03 PM
yer tis about 20mb compressed on sd card, but using a foldout keyboard its damn playable. I play vs omicron bots on some ancient frag town maps (anyone remember those? :D) www.planetquake.com/fragtown

ChrisB
08-24-2004, 05:20 PM
There was someone working on a MMORPG for PPC but I can't find the link now.

gregmills
08-27-2004, 04:13 AM
I found some flight combat games from OmniG with online multi-player. I don't know anyone who has tried it out though.

http://omnigsoft.com/