View Full Version : Pocket DVD Wizard help!

sqaccord
08-22-2004, 02:15 AM
I have downloaded the trial version of Pocket DVD Wizard and must say it is very easy to use. The only problem I have is the syncing of the video and audio when I play it on my Axim x30 with Windows Media. Can anyone help me with this problem?

whydidnt
08-22-2004, 03:34 PM
I have downloaded the trial version of Pocket DVD Wizard and must say it is very easy to use. The only problem I have is the syncing of the video and audio when I play it on my Axim x30 with Windows Media. Can anyone help me with this problem?

How bad is the sync? I've been unable to successfully reencode rippped DVD's using WM Encoder's stock "Pocket PC" settting. The sync is Way off and frames are dropped. I think Pocket DVD wizard uses the WM encoder as well , maybe there is some common ground.

I have been able to use Pocket Divx to reencode the movies, and can watch them with BetaPlayer, but the file sizes are a lot larger than WM files promise.

Do the WMV files play okay on your desktop? If not, then it's an issue with the encoding, not your Axim, btw.

sqaccord
08-24-2004, 12:08 AM
I have frequent audio drops in additon to sync problems.

wardseward
01-11-2005, 03:03 AM
I just started playing with Pocket DVD Wizard too and also am getting audio sync problems. I get the sync problem if I watch the ripped file both on my PC and Axim30H. So, it is the encoder.

Has anyone played with any of the settings and gotten better results?

Eop05
01-17-2005, 04:50 PM
I've used Pocket DVD wizard and I haven't had any problems, but this may worry me. I hope I don't encouter the same problems

MitchellO
02-06-2005, 10:47 AM
I tried using WMV once (not PocketDVD though) and it was cr4p. it had bad quality at high size. I use PocketDivXEncoder 0.3.5 now, and the files are perfect. Perfect sync, great video/audio quality and reasonable size. Drop WMV (and PocketDVD) and try DivX with PocketDivXEncoder and Betaplayer. They are soooo much better.

BTW, you can use VOB files in PocketDivxencoder too.