View Full Version : Sprite Software- new version...website down?

jbachandouris
08-22-2004, 01:35 AM
I saw the banner for Sprite Backup 3.0, I clicked on it and received a 'this page cannot be displayed' error. Is their website down for maintenance?

ctmagnus
08-22-2004, 04:40 AM
I don't have one of their banners handy but I entered the URL and got there fine. The site still looks the same as it used to, unless the new ads point elsewhere from www.spritesoftware.com.

jbachandouris
08-22-2004, 12:46 PM
nope...still getting an internal server error from their server.

ctmagnus
08-22-2004, 09:37 PM
I just found one of their ads. It points to http://www.spritesoftware.com/products/sprite_backup_premium_ppct.html which returns the error. www.spritesoftware.com works fine though, but you aren't supporting this site when you click that link.

Actually, it appears to be an intermittent error as I just got to the site.

jbachandouris
08-24-2004, 01:41 AM
:D It was back online last night and I sucessfully upgraded the software. I don't really notice anything drastically different other than a few cosmetic changes.

ctmagnus
08-24-2004, 02:35 AM
The file system scan when the program is opened is supposed to be 50% faster with 3.0.1 than 3.0.0. I'm upgrading now and...

[downloads and installs the program]

...it's not that much faster on my iPaq. Probably 33% faster, but not 50%.

Ed Hansberry
08-26-2004, 02:09 AM
Any reason to upgrade from the 2.X line? It does what I want.

ctmagnus
08-26-2004, 03:01 AM
imo, the only advantage is Basic Mode, where the program starts up with two buttons: Backup Now and Restore Now. But I use Advanced Mode anyways. There's also an option to view your backup history. The details for each history item include status (whether the operation completed successfully or not), backup file including the path, start time, end time, elapsed time, backup filesize, average speed (interesting note: my Lexar card is 50% faster than my Sandisk card) and a reiteration of the status.