View Full Version : Pocket PC Screen Covers

wirelesscop
08-21-2004, 10:30 PM
Hey Everyone,

Just had a quick question...

I have an HP 2215. I purchased a pack of screen protectors a while back and of course lost them...

I need to get another pack of them and I saw these:

http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Browse/sku.asp?PageType=1&Sku=517157&bcFlag=True&bcSCatId=3&bcSCatName=Technology&bcCatId=59&bcCatName=PDAs+%26+Handheld+Electronics&bcDeptId=2024&bcDeptName=PDA+Accessories+for+Hewlett%2DPackard&bcClassId=142241&bcClassName=Cases+%26+Protectors+for+HP

Does anyone know if they will fit the 2215? I know that they say they are for the 1910. I THINK that the last ones I got said that they fit the 1910. When I got the last ones, it was when the 2215 came out and there weren't many ready available products for the HP 2215 yet. That's why I am thinking that the 1910 and 2215's were compatible.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Possum48
08-22-2004, 03:00 AM
buy the WriteShield screen protectors by pocketpctechs. Here is a link

http://www.pocketpctechs.com/

I have a 2215 and have been using the same protector since Dec 'o3 without any problems. Also had one on my old Tosh PPC for 11 months.

These things never wearout (well it takes a year of so), are easy to install and can be taken off, cleaned and reapplied without any problem.

Though a bit pricey they are the best. Many others here will say the same as I do.

Kati Compton
08-22-2004, 04:34 PM
There's a few others, like Boxwave Cleartouch I think.

Basically, if you get a stiffer screen protector, it's easier to get it on without air bubbles or dirt under it, it's more protective, and it feels nicer under your stylus. They're more expensive, but they last a long time - several months under heavy use, I'd guess.

I think for a lot of them, you can also remove them to wash them and then reapply.

I'm never going to buy anything but this type of screen protector again (unless something new and better comes out of course).

WriteShields you have to buy in packs of three. I think some of the others you can get just one of.

epdm2be
08-22-2004, 07:54 PM
I recently (finally) recieved an Asus 620. This has a 3,5"screen and so I ordered Boxwave's offerings.

WHen I applied it on I saw that it didn't fit properly. It wasn't cut straight at one of its corners. I cut off a small part to make it fit. Fitting still was a hasle. At one time I finaly thought I had it then I saw a hair inbetween. Off it went again. Later on when I got it more or less fitted, the PDA didn't responds to screen taps anymore. Too make the story short. In the end I got so angry that I just threw the bloody thing in the bin.

I'm sure that when you finaly manage to apply themproperly and provided that screen taps still work, they'll probably be good. They had a nice texture but allas I never could use it.

They're just too difficult to apply (especially when cut bad).

Regards,

Manu T

Kati Compton
08-22-2004, 09:21 PM
I recently (finally) recieved an Asus 620. This has a 3,5"screen and so I ordered Boxwave's offerings.
Weird! I have a WriteShield on my Axim, but I put a boxwave on my husband's 620 and it was just fine. I'm surprised you didn't contact them for a replacement or refund.