View Full Version : More SP2 Problems...

yanathin
08-18-2004, 08:16 PM
Sorry about the two posts about SP2, but this one's different now. So I got it to recognize my BT dongle and everything, but now I'm having major problems. It seems that the "service is not available" when I try to use ActiveSync from my PPC, and OBEX File Transfer doesn't seem to exist either. Now I can't even get files from my phone onto my PC. Bluetooth just doesn't work with anything I have anymore.. at all. I also installed the WIDCOMM drivers, but those don't seem to work with SP2. Anybody know how to fix this problem? And if it can't be fixed, how do I uninstall SP2 completely?

Janak Parekh
08-18-2004, 10:00 PM
I don't have an answer for you, but you might try looking for an answer at Geekzone.

As for uninstallation, Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel has an entry. In the worst case, you should be able to uninstall SP2, reinstall the BT drivers, and reinstall SP2 -- in which case it'd leave the original BT drivers alone.

--janak

yanathin
08-19-2004, 12:39 AM
I thought I looked everywhere on that site, but then I looked again.. and you're absolutely right. There's an article specifically for Bluetooth on SP2. I got my PPC to sync flawlessly now, but I still have that OBEX problem with my v600 phone...