View Full Version : New Forum Messages

jweisz
08-17-2004, 08:11 PM
I only get "new messages" icons on some of the forums (so I can't immediately tell if there are messages I haven't read). Is there a way to fix that?

Jim

Jeff Rutledge
08-18-2004, 12:33 AM
Hi Jim,

Are you referring to the orange or white coloured icons to the left of each post? I'm not sure, but I believe they can be marked as read if you view the forum, not if you specifically read the post. Again, I'm not certain, but I think that's what it does for me.

I use the New Posts link (located in the navigation bar at the top right of the page). It works quite well for me and will show you all posts since your last visit.

HTH.

jweisz
08-18-2004, 08:41 PM
It seems to have cleared up for some reason. I was getting my last visit equal to my current visit.

jweisz
08-20-2004, 03:44 PM
Hmmm...this looks like it might be a problem:

You last visited on Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:34 am
The time now is Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:34 am
Pocket PC Thoughts Forum Index

I don't log out when I leave here, just go to another site. I wonder if logging out each time would fix the problem.

PetiteFlower
08-20-2004, 04:01 PM
Are you using the mobile version or the regular version? I've had this problem with the mobile version but logging out every time I leave the site seems to help. Haven't had the problem with the regular site.

jweisz
08-20-2004, 07:18 PM
I'm seeing the problem using the regular (non-mobile) version.

Kati Compton
08-20-2004, 07:32 PM
Hmmm...this looks like it might be a problem:

You last visited on Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:34 am
The time now is Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:34 am
Pocket PC Thoughts Forum Index

I don't log out when I leave here, just go to another site. I wonder if logging out each time would fix the problem.
I almost never log out...

piperpilot
08-20-2004, 08:32 PM
I had this problem for a long time but finally figured out what to do to make sure I can easily identify the new threads. I have PPCT and two of my favorite forum categories in IE Links. If I click on one of the forum links without first having gone to the main PPCT page, the orange colored new thread icons do not appear. If I first click on the main PPCT page, then click on the the forum icon in IE, the icons reflect whether they have been read or not. It's hard to explain this, but it works every time and I never have to read through a whole page of threads to see what's new.

Again, the secret is to go to the main PPCT page first.