View Full Version : Have a E-115, Is it worth to revive it?

ravenray
08-17-2004, 07:58 PM
Ok, My main battery on my e-115 has finally went out (since I haven't used it for more than a year ago). I'm not sure if it's even worth to go buy another battery. The IR isn't strong enought to use it as a remote control, the OS is outdated, and I exhausted this little bugger to every part of the playing field. From O/Cing, to playing games, to using it as a laptop replacement. Anybody have any more thoughts on what else, I can use this for or is it a lost cause and just pick up an updated ppc.

Ripper014
08-17-2004, 09:04 PM
I had an E-125... and it was hard to let it go... I upgraded to a Hp2200... and I must say that I do miss my E-125... my Hp2200 has a lot more to offer... dual slots.. speed... outdoor screen... all in a smaller package.

The only decision you really probably need to make is whether you want to wait for the new VGA devices or purchase an existing model.

I personally am just waiting to see how the Asus A730 performs in its final test runs...

ravenray
08-17-2004, 09:10 PM
New vga devices? Like a new version of the ipaq's? I'm so far behind on the ppc scene. I love the way my button layouts on the e-115, especially when playing those old nes emulators. The best, but most expensive gameboy I've ever owned.

KayMan2k
08-17-2004, 09:16 PM
My E-115 battery died last year and I was sad to move on. However, the processor on the E-115 is now a little outdated and most software is for the ARM/X-Scale. I also wanted some wireless connectivity and a screen that is readable in direct sunlight (at least somewhat). I ended up getting an iPaq as a replacement.

It will be a big upgrade. Especially with how small the devices are getting. The new Dell's are also nice.

Ripper014
08-17-2004, 10:07 PM
New vga devices? Like a new version of the ipaq's? I'm so far behind on the ppc scene. I love the way my button layouts on the e-115, especially when playing those old nes emulators. The best, but most expensive gameboy I've ever owned.

Yes.. like the new Hx4700... but I would say look at the Asus A730, and the Loox 720 instead.

The button layout for the E series can not be matched... and the way it stands will never be. But you will more than make up for it in weigh... processor speed and available software. You will also like the fact that you can use your device in daylight. Also there is much better battery life...

You will have fond memories of your past... but you will love the future.

delfuhd
08-17-2004, 10:30 PM
I had an E-115 and the backlight started to flicker and die, but luckily my dad had an extra 3850 that he had at his office in NY where he works, so I used that for a bit, and now I have an h2200. It's worth the upgrade, most definitely. It's soooo nice to not have to worry about getting MIPS programs, and though Casio's screens and durability were amazing, pocket pc's now are just... better... if you dont drop them....

ravenray
08-18-2004, 12:28 AM
Wholy crap! Checking out on the loox 720 and wow! They built in so many features and speed has gotten pretty up to par now. To bad vag-com hasn't came up with some ppc software yet. This will be a nice addition to hacking my car.