View Full Version : T9 or iTap Style (Texting) Input for PPC?

yanathin
08-15-2004, 05:20 PM
The small onscreen keyboard is just way too small for me to use when I'm walking somewhere or moving while I'm typing. Is there an input program out there that resembles cell phone text messaging? As in, it just shows the 12 keys and you would tap the screen just like you're texting, using either something sililar to the T9 system (most common) or Motorola's iTap system. If anybody knows of something like that, I'd really appreciate it if you mention it. Thanks!

CEGiven
08-17-2004, 04:10 PM
Not exaclty T9, but along the same principles, you might want to look at FITALY.COM. Also, there are some full-screen keyboards like Typango that might be easier to use since the keys would be a lot larger.

jsnielsen
08-17-2004, 05:29 PM
I can recommend InPad.

http://www.inpad.net

I bought both Calligrapher 7.3 and InPad, and InPad is definately on the top of my list.

It's not T9 though, it's handwriting.

yanathin
08-17-2004, 05:59 PM
Hmm, both of those seem to be pretty good, but I really like the idea of a T9 system on a Pocket PC. It seems like I can text faster than I can type out things on my PPC, so something like that would help me out sooo much... there's got to be SOME kind of T9-like system out there...

Tye
08-17-2004, 09:45 PM
www.messagease.com

It has a feature that makes the keyboard huge for use with your thumb. This might work for you.