View Full Version : Identity left behind after Uninstallation?

kahchong
08-14-2004, 05:04 PM
I am using a HP IPAQ h4150 and I installed some trial programs like the z2 PocketLAN on my ppc.

I noticed that after the program finally expires, I uninstalled it, checked that all the respective remaining program folder has been removed and deleted the program registry value/key.
Even though I do so, after installing back the same trial program, I notice that it still remembers that I use the program until it finally expires and refuses to let me use it anymore.

Do any of you here know anyway to completely remove all those hidden program identity after the uninstallation so that when you install back again, it's like installing a totally brand-new one?
Is the trick lies in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT --> CLSID?

When I use the registry editor to explore the entire system registry, I can't find any value/key that is associated with the trial program.

Kah Chong.

buzzard
08-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Just a thought but I've had the same problem and deleted the "stuff" from the regular PC and also from the PC's registry. There may be more on your PPC but try deleting it from your main PC and see if that works.

Steven Cedrone
08-14-2004, 06:44 PM
I am using a HP IPAQ h4150 and I installed some trial programs like the z2 PocketLAN on my ppc.

I noticed that after the program finally expires, I uninstalled it, checked that all the respective remaining program folder has been removed and deleted the program registry value/key.
Even though I do so, after installing back the same trial program, I notice that it still remembers that I use the program until it finally expires and refuses to let me use it anymore.

Do any of you here know anyway to completely remove all those hidden program identity after the uninstallation so that when you install back again, it's like installing a totally brand-new one?
Is the trick lies in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT --> CLSID?

When I use the registry editor to explore the entire system registry, I can't find any value/key that is associated with the trial program.

Kah Chong.

Try buying the program. :roll: If you like using it (and I would tend to think you do if you want to reinstall it after the trial has expired) you should pay the author for his/her work...

Steve

Thread locked...