View Full Version : A simple request...

Palmguy
08-14-2004, 02:56 AM
I know religious discussion is against the rules here, but hopefully y'all can make an exception for this.

Anyone who may pray please keep those of us in Southwest Florida in your prayers if/when you pray. I live in Port Charlotte, FL; which for those of you who may have been watching the news is where Hurricane Charley came ashore. This was a category 4 hurricane with winds in excess of 145 mph. I'm luckily out of the state right now, I'm visiting relatives in North Carolina; but my parents and all of my friends and loved ones are still in Charlotte County. From discussion I've had with some and now just watching CNN damage there seems to be very extensive and there are reports of possibly many deaths.

Thanks.

baker
08-14-2004, 03:30 AM
Will do.

matadams
08-14-2004, 03:34 AM
Palmguy (how did a 'palm guy' get to be a pocket pc intellectual, anyway? 8O ), I hope that you are able to get in touch with your loved ones soon . . . and that you find that they have all safely made it through the storm. In the meantime, my prayers are, indeed, with you and your loved ones and the many others who find themselves in the storm's path.

MaTadams

Jon Westfall
08-14-2004, 04:09 AM
Will do likewise.

Kati Compton
08-14-2004, 04:22 AM
I think we can allow this type of religious discussion. ;)

Plus, I'm sure that even those that don't pray would also give their best wishes.

mara6
08-14-2004, 04:25 AM
WOW! I will pray for you, even though you are a Palm person. Handheld Platforms don't come between me in serious situations. ;)

JustinGTP
08-14-2004, 06:35 AM
If you look, he has an HP iPaq 4155. He has something in is Palm, and he is a guy....

Or something like that, if I remember correctly. Oh, I remember he had a Palm tree avatar, and he was a guy who liked them!

-Justin.

Palmguy
08-14-2004, 09:53 AM
For the record, I turned from my Palm OS days long ago...kept the username though. Die hard PPC user for 3 years now :)

Anyways, hearing more and more reports from Port Charlotte and from what I can tell the place basically got destroyed :cry: My family is alright, but I still haven't heard from my best friend or his wife or parents. They were near the water...also a couple more of my friends did lose their homes. More info as it comes in, it seems today will be the day of reckoning for all of this.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Steven Cedrone
08-14-2004, 01:00 PM
My wife and kids are near Daytona right now and I'm going to go meet them tomorrow. The last I heard, my wife called me at 2:00 this morning asking where the storm was (they were at a neighbors house and wanted to go back home). She said she thought the storm was over. I explained to her that the storm was right on top of her and that she was in the eye, she still had pleanty of storm to deal with yet! I tried calling this morning but did not get through... :(

Steve

mara6
08-14-2004, 05:32 PM
Sorry my mistake about the Palm thing. I'm glad you switched to PPC though! :lol:

Anyways, it's really sad to hear about what you're going through. :(

Steven Cedrone
08-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Well, I finally got through to my family! They are all O.K. (but without power)

Steve

Palmguy
08-14-2004, 07:36 PM
Good to hear! Make sure they stay safe...a woman got electrocuted in Daytona from stepping on a power line, things are still dangerous all over the place.

Anyone else who may be affected, good luck...I'm heading down early tomorrow morning to Port Charlotte to try to help out with the carnage myself. Most important thing is that our house is still intact for the most part and my parents are safe, but many are not and I'm still out of contact with some of my friends.

Steven Cedrone
08-15-2004, 02:28 PM
Good to hear! Make sure they stay safe...a woman got electrocuted in Daytona from stepping on a power line, things are still dangerous all over the place.

Anyone else who may be affected, good luck...I'm heading down early tomorrow morning to Port Charlotte to try to help out with the carnage myself. Most important thing is that our house is still intact for the most part and my parents are safe, but many are not and I'm still out of contact with some of my friends.

I'll be down in Orlando this evening. Good luck with the cleanup. Be safe!

Steve

jlp
08-15-2004, 05:54 PM
The news nowadays report so many dramatic event that we seem so much hardened and remotely concerned; I feel blessed and safe from war, terrorism and most natural catastrophies, here in the middle of Europe, neutral Switzerland.

Even tho I'm a sensitive person, hearing and watching tons of terrible news daily far from here make me feel not concerned.

But when I read some words from actual people closely concerned with such ordeals, even tho I don't see you nor know you, even tho you live so far, I feel touched and concerned.

I will definitely include you and those concerned in my thoughts & prayers.

David Prahl
08-15-2004, 09:15 PM
Will do.

baker
08-29-2004, 02:52 AM
I've just returned home from Punta Gorda. Have been there working the last two weeks. Punta Gorda is torn up. The storm was a localized Andrew if you remember seeing those pictures. Andrew was much more widespread in its devastation. It will take some time before the homes are rebuilt, so keep'em in your thoughts and prayers.

maximus
08-30-2004, 03:03 AM
Is everyone (and the families) OK ?

Best wishes ...