View Full Version : Anyone here switched from Clie TH55 to PPC?

FunFriendship.com
08-13-2004, 11:23 PM
Anyone here switched from Clie TH55 to PPC?

...and if so, why did you switch? The TH55 is one of the best Clie out there with Wi-Fi and a cool camera.

So why do you switch?

TMann
08-16-2004, 06:39 AM
Well, I'm not sure if it was technically a "switch" from my TH to my e805. I actually use my Sony TG50 as my "main" PDA; but I recently sold my European TH55, and bought an e805.

The main thing that I didn't like about the TH55 was the rear jog wheel and up/down switches. The TH just never felt "right" in my hands, like my Tungsten T3, and my TG50 did. When scrolling through long documents, the rear controls were just too cumbersome. Also, I found that I really didn't use the camera much.

When I decided to sell the TH, I started looking for a Wi-Fi enabled PDA. I decided that I would look for something with the PPC OS, since I already had another Palm device. I was looking intially for a 4155, or a 4355 since I like the designs of both of those devices; but I ended up finding a pretty good deal on a used, but mint e805. I also purchased a Socket BT CF card for my Toshiba, so now I have BT, Wi-Fi and a VGA screen all in the same device. Woo-Hoo!

Now if it only had a keyboard...

TMann :D