View Full Version : rz1715 Available at Staples

Abba Zabba
08-13-2004, 10:06 PM
Today while going to staples for some paper I passed by the handheld section and got a glimpse at this new ipaq. The screen looks sharper than my 4155 and is roughly the same size. It doesn't look all that bad in person :)

Has anyone else witnessed any other new ipaqs available at any stores?

Wiggster
08-13-2004, 10:35 PM
At my local CompUSA as well. My girlfriend works at Staples, and her store has none thus far.

I picked it up at CompUSA whilst searching for a new keyboard, and I picked it up and thought "Oh great, it's just a shell, nothing on the inside", as it felt like it weighed nothing. Then I found the power button (has an iPAQ ever had the power button on the top of the unit instead of on the front face somewhere? Hmm) and pressed it. I got a sharp display! I held the Home button and, lo and behold, I saw my first WM2k3SE on-the-fly switch to Landscape mode. I played with it a little bit, and talked to the guy there about the 4705. He says it's on order, and they'll usually get it the day it's available. I'll be back late next week to find out if he was right :)

Ripper014
08-14-2004, 01:25 AM
I saw one at the Staples in Vancouver Canada... which is strange... normally we are the last to see anything. The price was $389can... expensive for what you get.

The package was ok... but it seemed more like a Gameboy than a business product. I was not crazy about the way it looked, and the spec's were not what you would come to expect from a new device. The screen also had that same feel as the Toshiba E400, that shiney plastic thing on the screen. I hate it... and once I lowered the brightness... it really was not very impressive. The unit had the brightness control all the way up.

My immediate sense was that it was not a device that I would be interested in buying...