View Full Version : UPS surprise

welmoed
08-12-2004, 03:59 PM
When the UPS truck pulled up at the house today, I was surprised to see two people in it. The passenger jumped out and I noticed he had a PDA in his hand and was tapping on it. It looked like an iPAQ but I couldn't tell which model. The driver handed me my package and I asked what the PDA was being used for. "Time study," he replied. With that, they hopped back in the truck and pulled out.

Just thought this was amusing, and good to see PPCs being used in everyday life!

--Welmoed

Wiggster
08-12-2004, 04:47 PM
Putting myself through college isn't the funnest thing I've ever done, but it's great when I'm checking someone out at Blockbuster and they whip out their PDA and poke it once, then put it away.

Also, the guys who work for Blockbuster Corporate and come in to take pictures for internal documents all have HP 4150's. I had a nice, long talk with some of them, and whipped out my junior model and showed them the theme I created.

Pocket PCs are the great uniter.

Deus
08-12-2004, 05:13 PM
"Pocket PCs. Connecting people......together!" :lol: hahahaha new slogan!!

JustinGTP
08-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Funnest? Did you hate it that much that you didn't bother listening in English class? Lol!

yankeejeep
08-12-2004, 06:40 PM
Gee. Who'd have thought that Big Brother would be so small? Just kidding.

A couple of months ago, I was in seats at Fenway Park that had live food service. One person showed up carrying a wireless PDA (looked like an iPaq), put the order into the device, then moved up to the next set of seats. While she was still moving through the section, our hot dogs and sodas arrived courtesy of her runner. Cool. Now, if we could just get scoreboard access...