View Full Version : SPB Finance Quick Edition

drowe
08-12-2004, 01:49 PM
Just found out the hard way that SPB Finance Quick Edition is NOT compatible with Quicken 2005. E-mails to the developer (answered within an hour!!!!) revealed that there is no beta of any new version and their policy forbids giving out information about release dates. Oh well, guess it's back to carrying around little pieces of paper again :(

Jason Dunn
08-12-2004, 02:45 PM
I used to work for SPB, so in their defense I'll say that the challenge they have is that since their software isn't the "official" version of Pocket Quicken, there's little more they can do than buy the latest version when it's released, then try to figure out what's been changed and how they can get it back to working again.

Pocket Quicken from Landware is compatible with 2005:

http://www.landware.com/pocketquicken/ppc/index.html

drowe
08-12-2004, 03:47 PM
I didn't mean to sound upset with SPB. I've been through this with Quicken before..... I know they change things for no apparent reason :roll: . The upgrade to 2004 broke my connection to my bank :evil: . I have several SPB programs and like them all. I don't fault SPB, in fact, I'm thrilled at the speed and honesty of their replys to me. Just wanted to warn others that there is a "gotcha" in Quicken..... again.......

I don't like flames, so I won't comment on Pocket Quicken.......