View Full Version : In Memory of Terry Myhrer (1960-2004)

Andy Sjostrom
08-12-2004, 05:00 PM
It is now a few months since Terry Myhrer, developer of the S309 controls, passed away from a heart disorder. With the help of one of Terry's many friends, George Henne, I have put together this post of sincere condolences.<br /><br />Terry was one of the first few dozen people to buy a very new product called <a href="http://www.nsbasic.com/ce/">NS Basic/CE</a>, a development tool for Windows CE. He was an enthusiastic supporter, even in its then primitive state, and began contributing to the NS Basic community right from the start.<br /><br />One of the things he created was the S309 controls, among those the widely used S309PictureBox control. These supplied a number of things that NS Basic programmers (not to mention the entire Windows CE world) needed. He gave them freely to other programmers to use, and even made enhancements and improvements to them based on people's requests.<br /><br />Last year, when he was already having health problems, he was working on a bunch more controls. He was enthusiastic and looking forward to doing them when he last spoke to George Henne at NS Basic Corporation. In the beginning of March, George got his last email from Terry: Terry's doctor was trying different medications, trying to find one that would work, but he was sure the controls would be done soon. He passed away on April 7 at the age of 44.<br /><br />It's sad to lose a friend and a colleague. The family asks that contributions to your local heart and stroke foundation be left in condolence.

felixdd
08-12-2004, 05:05 PM
:cry:

jim s
08-12-2004, 05:15 PM
This is a truly sad thing to hear. Although I never met Terry, I have used his fantastic S309.PictureBow in NSBASIC for virtually every program I have written, and he was always very helpful to any questions that I had. The Pocket PC community has definately lost a very supportive and caring person.

Jim

John Cody
08-12-2004, 05:15 PM
Thanks for posting that info Andy....I always wondered about the man behind S309...

His PictureBox control is a great product, one of my eVB for Smartphone members even used it to create a neat, very-low cost picture viewer for Smartphones:

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=1&homePath=HANDANGO&platformId=2&productType=2&productId=121863&sectionId=0&catalog=30

His contributions to the Windows CE community will not be forgotten!

ctitanic
08-12-2004, 06:30 PM
That a very sad news. I used the s309picture box in Tweask2K2 eVB version and in many other applications in eVB. :cry:

exosyphen
08-12-2004, 06:44 PM
A few years ago, programmers were "immortals", because it was a very young industry with young people.
It's sad when someone passes away.

May he rest in peace.

Fabulas
08-13-2004, 03:36 AM
:cry:

Bajan Cherry
08-13-2004, 06:18 AM
My condolences. May Terry rest in peace. I used this control in a VBCE (version before eVB) code generator I had done some years back.

HandHeldHeaven
08-13-2004, 10:50 AM
Very sad news.

Please pass my condolances to his family from all those who have knowingly used his controls as a developer, or unknowingly benefited from his hard work by using software created with them.

I have a feeling that his work will live on in the development community for quite some time... He won't be forgotten.

Ken Mattern
08-13-2004, 04:23 PM
Sad news indeed.

The world is a much better place for people like Terry. I have used his controlls and found them a godsend. I also admired Terry for the fact that he was willing to respond, make suggesitons on how best to use his tools, and for his friendliness. His work made mine that much easier and better. Terry will be missed.