View Full Version : Calling all Ipaq H4150/4155 owners. Case required. Your help please.

Tyrant
08-11-2004, 12:57 AM
I have just bought a H4150, and although the case that comes with the unit is OK, as you know, you have to remove the unit everytime to operate it.
What cases have you got (Links to websites if possible please)???
Ideally I would like a Hardcase, as it will be in my rucksack while at work, and although in its own little pocket, it might get bumped about by the rest of my gear in the bag. Something light, something groovy, and something that doesn't add stacks to the weight, size of the IPAQ.

There seem to be loads of cases, but I am after one that is solely for the 4150/55 as there are others that seem to suffice for many models, but all models aren't the same shape etc...

Your help will be most appreciated.

Many thanks
Neil

dlloyd
08-11-2004, 01:12 AM
http://www.senacases.com/cart/customer/product.php?productid=16275&cat=281&page=1

Not a hard case but it looks good and you can sync in the cradle with the case on.

Derek

Sven Johannsen
08-11-2004, 03:25 AM
What's on mine (and on my 2215 and X30 and X5) is a SENA. Yea, I like them. If you are looking for a hard case though, there's the innopocket aluminum. It and other options can be seen at http://www.ipaqcases.com/store/products8.htm

christak
08-11-2004, 03:34 AM
Another vote for the Sena... High quality, very little bulk...

8)

baker
08-11-2004, 03:50 AM
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28455&highlight=4150+case

Tyrant
08-11-2004, 03:57 AM
baker ,

Thanks for that reply. Made very good reading.

Rgds
Neil

Tyrant
08-11-2004, 11:20 PM
Does anyone on here have an Aluminium case for their 4150/55.
Would you recommend it, or is it not too special. I like to hear from people who have one, and have used it for a while, and can give the pro's and cons of the case....

Many thanks
Neil

Sven Johannsen
08-12-2004, 02:59 AM
Does anyone on here have an Aluminium case for their 4150/55.
Would you recommend it, or is it not too special. I like to hear from people who have one, and have used it for a while, and can give the pro's and cons of the case....

Many thanks
Neil

Pro : they are solid protection, they are relatively inexpensive
Con: they open on the side and are awkward to hold IMHO, you can't sync in a cradle (that's a personal issue and isn't exclusive to the metal cases)

Yes I had one, before Sena released their case.

christheswiss
08-12-2004, 06:21 PM
I have a Sena as well as a Aluminum case for my 1940. Every few days, I stick the IPAQ into the Alu case but always end up returning it into the soft, leathery home of the Sena case. :mrgreen: The form factor is second to none because of the magnetic closure and a very slick design.

karinatwork
08-12-2004, 06:28 PM
My vote goes to the Proporta Leather case. I have it and I love it. I also ordered the Sena case but I sent it back it was so ugly.

Good luck!

K.

christheswiss
08-12-2004, 07:11 PM
My vote goes to the Proporta Leather case. I have it and I love it. I also ordered the Sena case but I sent it back it was so ugly.

Ugly??? Just wondering which Sena case you received. I have the all black version and it is really quite beautiful. Of course, it's all a matter of taste.

karinatwork
08-12-2004, 07:34 PM
I had a few complaints about it. First of all it didn't fit properly, the frame surrounding the screen was kinda "bowlegged". It was also made with a very poor leather quality, kinda rough and not smooth at all like the one Proporta used. I guess I'm kinda spoiled, but when you spend that kind of money, you want quality.

Then again, I ordered one of the first ones, maybe they didn't have them quite figuered out yet. Or I really had a faulty one.

K.

christheswiss
08-12-2004, 08:15 PM
Yeah, you must have received a bad one, shame on Sena, that should not happen. FYI, mine is buttery smooth and it fits the IPAQ machine like a glove... OK enough already... :lol:

ericdo
08-14-2004, 12:02 PM
I have a piel frama and it is awesome. In the year that I've had it, it still looks brand new

http://www.pielframa.com/iPAQ_4100.htm

Highly recommended

dlloyd
08-16-2004, 01:57 AM
Anybody else having a problem with thier Sena case not seating in the cradle(without force) enough to make contact.
I have to push on mine and sometimes it pops up enough to lose contact.

thanks

Zoot
08-16-2004, 11:33 AM
Vaja Vitello Jean.
Good protection, looks pretty. I am satisfied.....but my pocket is empty ;)