View Full Version : Remote Sync.

JimPAQ
08-10-2004, 09:47 PM
OK, this is going to sound crazy and you probably think what the heck would anyone want to do that for, but here goes...

I have a desktop and a laptop at work. My desktop computer is setting in a cubicle on the other side of the building. I'm setting in another part of the building and I'm using my laptop to Remote Desktop to my desktop computer. I would like to connect my iPAQ to my laptop via USB sync. cable and synchronize with the desktop computer over the network. I cannot connect to the network through the iPAQ do to security issues. So the only thing I can think of is to find an application that will allow me to connect to the laptop and synchronize across the network with the desktop.

I'm also synchronizing with the laptop, so I would prefer to keep both partnerships if I can. But, if I have to, I can drop the partnership with the laptop and keep just the one with the desktop.

Does anyone know of an application that will do this?

--Jim

Brad Adrian
08-11-2004, 02:49 AM
Since you can't access the network with your Pocket PC, about the only thing I can think of would be to connect to the desktop via modems and dialup. Activesync will allow you to do that.