View Full Version : I need BIG BUTTONS, cuz I dislike the stylus!

wing
08-10-2004, 08:10 PM
:?

With all of the fab today screen improvements and PIM software, it seems that more and more is being crammed onto our tiny PPC screens.

This necessitates using the stylus to fully use the PPC. I think this is a very poor way of improving our PPCs.

I dislike the notion that to sort through my information I need to use both hands to do so.

I'm not referring to ENTERING new information, I am simply talking about things like finding the right category and phone number, or checking off a task.

0X

What sorts of skins or programs will give me those BIG, SAUCY, BUTTONS that Palm users see on their devices?

:)

Answers, please! Help!

surur
08-10-2004, 08:38 PM
I agree. For example, I think it is crazy that one needs a stylus to re-arrange a playlist in WMP.

Surur

wing
08-10-2004, 10:41 PM
what to dooooooooooo?

I've used reg hacks to increase the width of my scroll bars, but that is minorly effective.

*sigh*

Sven Johannsen
08-11-2004, 03:53 AM
Buy a smartphone. They don't even have touch screens. The basic design philosophy is one handed use.

Kowalski
08-11-2004, 08:52 AM
wing, i agree with you, and i have everything i can to minimize the stylus usage. i assigned these functions to my hardware buttons:
start menu context menu phm alt-f4 itasks

but i suggest you to buy a 4350 with built in keyboard, maybe you'll like your device that way

wing
08-12-2004, 09:04 PM
wow great ideas!

I'm glad there are others out there that like fast and easy operation.

BTW, What is context menu?

I always like having the Start menu replace my record hardware button - it is also a better way to turn on my machine rather than pulverizing my ON button each time.

any more awesome suggestions out there?

Kowalski
08-13-2004, 12:20 PM
context menu is the menu pops up when you tap and hold an item. it is just like the right click on desktop, doesnt work everwhere but especialy in file manager, you can access delete, properties etc.

wing
08-14-2004, 06:24 PM
Is there any way to re-configure programs like Pocket Informant or Agenda Fusion to have bigger buttons???

Shonder...

chunkymonkey75
08-15-2004, 11:42 AM
I've had a couple of Blackberry's. I one thing I loved was the ability to use it one-handed. But then I hated the unablity to custimise. Have you thought of using voice recognition? That may help prevent having to pull out the stylus all the time.

wing
08-17-2004, 02:26 AM
isn't voice recognition a major pain and a battery hog?

just my guess.

if it is great, and fast, and reliable (despite background noise), count me in and point me to a web site.

realistically though, i would feel rather pretentious calling out the commands.

eek...

BIG BUTTONS are discrete and fast and reliable and...

blah!