View Full Version : Hx4700 rlse date pushed back again? C'mon HP get on the ball!!

Supadupa
08-10-2004, 01:41 PM
I just got a confirmation from my HP rep that the Hx4700 is now being pushed back to Sep 9th. This is ridiculous he said because these devices are already past final production and they have been given out to various vendors and HP employees so it's not that its not ready. He thinks it's one of those HP marketing schemes to build hype. But what they dont understand is the more time they waste the more time they give a PPC lover to check out other options. Whatever it is it is whack!!! I want it already :D http://www.shopping.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpdirect/shopping/scripts/product_detail/product_detail_view.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1863334555.1092140855@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdcadcmfeggegmcfngcfkmdflldfjl.0&category=handhelds&subcat1=handhelds&catLevel=3&product_code=FA304A%23ABA[/url]

jwick
08-10-2004, 02:11 PM
Yes that is a bit riduculous. You would think that they would want to get them out sooner rather than later.

bookemdano
08-10-2004, 03:18 PM
Could it be because of the FCC approval? I saw the bluetooth approval but not the FCC one. Would this allow HP to give it away to employees but not sell it?

Duncan
08-10-2004, 03:22 PM
The 4700 would be out right now - but someone in the HP legal department pointed out that doing could potentially please some of their customers - which is currently against HP policy. Alarmed at such a potential risk the decision has been made to delay release.

They are taking the opportunity provided by the delay to engineer in some irritating and unnecessary defects that were accidentally removed during testing (the person who approved the testing has, of course, been fired).

AMelis
08-10-2004, 04:07 PM
Agreed. The alarms were working too reliably, so they are engineering in a randomization factor into the logarythm. That takes time. :devilboy:

PR.
08-10-2004, 04:25 PM
Just release the damned thing, my 5450 just random Hard reset for I dared to use terminal services, so I chucked it in the bin...

I fished it back out again but my patience is wearing thin. :evil:

bookemdano
08-10-2004, 06:44 PM
CDW just told me the eta for the hx4700 I ordered is 8/13, if that means anything. It is still listed as "Order processing".

jaydoc05
08-10-2004, 06:55 PM
that CDW is not accurate.

They hit "enter" a couple of times on their computers and gave me an obscure answer about when it will be ready:

"production delay, cannot ship items. Product will be available in Late Aug."

Sorry, but all of us will have to wait.

Based on HP's website, I sincerely doubt ecost will have it on the 18th