View Full Version : Can't sync all of a sudden

ElaineW
08-10-2004, 02:29 AM
I have not been able to sync my 4350 today :( It worked fine yesterday. When I put my pocketpc in the cradle, it connects, checks userID and password. The message "Looking for changes" comes up, then as it begins to sync, it stops. An error message comes up that says "Synchronization cannot be completed. Disconnect your device and try again. If this problem continues, see Active Sync Troubleshooter". There is more to the message, but it disappears very quickly, and I have not been able to read the rest.

I have ActiveSync version 3.7.1 (Build 4034) on my laptop.

If I open ActiveSync on my pocket pc while it is in the cradle and connected, a message comes up on the pocket pc titled "Cannot Connect". The message is "Unable to connect: You have no modem entries connected, and no network card present." Again, I am connecting via USB using the cradle.

Also, while ActiveSync is open on my pocketpc, if I click "error" from the last sync, it says "Unable to connect. Verify your dialup or proxy setting are correct, and try again".

My laptop is connected to the Internet via Earthlink Broadband. I can download e-mail to my laptop, surf the net, and send this message.

My Microsoft PocketPC software is Version 4.20.0 (Build 13252).

I have rebooted my laptop and soft reset my pocketpc several times, but I still get the same messages.

That's about all the information I can think of that might be useful to troubleshoot this. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Elaine Waybright

apanther28
08-10-2004, 05:36 PM
Check your PC to see if your USB drivers are working correctly. You can do this under device manager. If it says device is working properly, you are all right. Something may have happened to your USB drivers and now the PC isn't able to read the cradle/PPC.

Brad Adrian
08-11-2004, 03:18 AM
This happens to me off and on, and I always forget what the fix is. For me, this kind of behaviour happens when my Pocket PC Inbox is set to open one of my POP accounts. Try opening Inbox and set the display to the Activesync Inbox. Then reset and see what happens.

ElaineW
08-11-2004, 04:43 AM
I'm replying to both replies I've received so far. My USB drivers seem to be working, since I can plug other things into them, such as my CD/DVD RW (my computer is an HP Tablet). Also, my inbox is set to ActiveSync. One strange thing that keeps on happening is that I continually get this message on my pocket pc: Unable to connect: You have no modem entries created, and no network card present (I'm supposed to have WiFi, but. I haven't tried to sync with it). I am trying to connect via USB. Do you think I might have done something to cause these messages to display? I can't think of anything.

I may have already said this in my first post. I do get an error message written to my pocket pc. It says "Unable to connect. Verify your dialup or proxy settings are correct, and try again.

Elaine