View Full Version : 'Squishy' touch screen

matadams
08-09-2004, 12:36 PM
Last weekend, my e805, experienced total touch screen failure. I called tech support and the only option was to receive a refurbished unit- no repair of my current unit. The replacement came over the weekend. I took it out of the box last night, and the touch screen feels 'soft'. It reminds me of one of those 'magic' tablets that I had as a kid that you wrote on with a stylus and then lifted the plastic sheet to erase.

Can anyone explain to me what Toshiba did to the touch screen?

Thanks.

MaTadams

Janak Parekh
08-10-2004, 03:32 AM
I see you already got a response on BH's forums, and know about the plastic separator slipping. ;)

Anyway, my screen isn't really squishy at all. It's possible there's variance during manufacturing, and you got one on one extreme end. If you find it really annoying, you should certainly call them up. I don't know if they consider a squishy screen an item that needs to be repaired or not, though...

--janak

matadams
08-10-2004, 01:25 PM
Thank you, Janak, for your response. I've also seen the Brighthand response. I really hope that Toshiba considers this worthy of replacement. I would never have bought a PDA with a touch screen that feels like this - I didn't buy a PDA with a touch screen that feels like this. It feels as though I am writing on one of those tablet things that I owned when I was a little girl.

Toshiba tech support and I are mutually unhappy with each other at this moment. We'll see how it works out.

MaTadams