View Full Version : Broken iPaq 2210 - Hard Resets Each Time turned on

Gareth Lock
08-07-2004, 08:02 PM
When I went to turn my 2210 on this morning it wouldn;t, plugged the mains charger in and both bluetooth and charging light illuminated and the ppc hard reset. I then have to sync to load everything, but when the power turns itself off it requires a press of the reset button to get it going again. Unfortunately, this hard resets the ppc and I have to start again. Power off, required a reboot. Any ideas what is going on. Both the main and standby batteries show charge when I go to the battery page in system.

Regards

Gareth
www.imagesoflife.co.uk

mrkablooey
08-08-2004, 02:50 AM
2 things I'd try:

1. Reflash the ROM, available via download from HP

2. take the battery out and let it sit overnight, fully draining the internal backup battery. then reinsert the main battery and reload a few programs to test the memory.

Gareth Lock
08-08-2004, 07:00 AM
It seems that no charging is taking place as the batteries are completely flat and when I put the charger on the orange charge light does not illuminate.

Looks like I will be sending it back to HP then!

Thanks anyway

Gareth
www.imagesoflife.co.uk

mrkablooey
08-08-2004, 03:12 PM
if you take the batt out does it charge in the slot on the cradle?

Steven Cedrone
08-08-2004, 07:13 PM
It seems that no charging is taking place as the batteries are completely flat and when I put the charger on the orange charge light does not illuminate.

Looks like I will be sending it back to HP then!

Thanks anyway

Gareth
www.imagesoflife.co.uk

Your 22xx came with a little dongle that allows you to charge without the cradle, eliminate the cradle before you ship the unit back to HP!

Steve