View Full Version : Any thoughts on the Stowaway XT?

mscdex
08-04-2004, 11:23 PM
I'm thinking about getting the Stowaway XT for my 2215. It's down to $40 now. I'm thinking I'm going to get rid of my thumb keyboard I originally purchased and get a fold-out keyboard.

Do you think this is a good price for the XT? Anyone have any experiences with it?

hamishmacdonald
08-05-2004, 01:50 AM
I managed to break my first one (my fault, not theirs), and I went ahead and bought a second one without a moment's hesitation. (It was an easy decision to make since the thing is half price, too!)

I'm a writer, and I use this thing every day for work. I've written a 100,000-page novel on it.

I can recommend the Stowaway XT to you without any reservations. Some people take issue with the number row being combined into the top row of letters, but it's easy enough to get accustomed to that.

ThinkOutside makes the most comfortable keyboards I've ever used -- and I'm comparing them against any keyboard, not just PDA keyboards. You also can't beat how small and flat it is. You honestly can fit it in a jacket, or in your back trouser pocket (if you don't mind walking around with an armour-plated bum).

If you think you'll be doing any amount of text entry on your iPAQ, go for it!