View Full Version : 2215 Task Switching

cab124
08-04-2004, 06:42 PM
I have always had a problem with my 2215 in which it will not switch tasks. When I click on a programs icons, the title bar for the selected task appears, but the rest of the screen is not updated. A warm reboot always fixes the problem for a little while.

I recently noticed that when the problem occurs, the iTask utlity no longer works as well. When I push the iTask button, nothing happens. Once again, a warm reboot fixes this.

These issues must be related. Does anyone know of a way to disable iTask so that I can see if it might be causing the issue?

Thanks!!

Kowalski
08-05-2004, 10:04 AM
i tasks is built into the rom and it seems that it doesnt appear in the startup folder. i'll work it out to see if there is a way to disable it.

Steven Cedrone
08-05-2004, 12:51 PM
That's a strange problem. How much RAM do you have free? How about things like the notification database? If you really want to test your device, you could always do a full backup and then a hard reset. If the problem goes away, you know it was some sort of software issue. Then you can either restore and troubleshoot, or start fresh...

Steve

Sven Johannsen
08-05-2004, 02:52 PM
I would almost guarantee it is not an itask issue. I would expect some other application, or too little memory available. The hard reset and test is probably the best option. Test. install an app, test, install, etc. Bacup between installs so it is easy to go back. Install what you can to a flsh card to save RAM.

bdavidson9554
08-05-2004, 05:31 PM
I see this issue a lot when using the Inbox hardware button on my iPAQ H5450 (WM2003). The Inbox title bar appears, and the bottom menu bar appears, but the middle section is not updated. But it works just fine if I open Inbox via the start menu.

I haven't noticed it with other programs, though.

To disable iTask, all you really can do is reassign its hardware button (usually Button 4) to something else.

Brian

cab124
08-05-2004, 07:07 PM
Thanks for all the input.

I just did a warm reboot and I am showing 16 MB of storage RAM free and 16 MB of program RAM free. I will check this again the next time I see the problem.

I did a hard reset recently to see if it would eliminate the problem, but I noticed it happening again right away. And it doesn't seem to happen when I am trying to switch to any one particular program. Although, it never seems to occur when I am switching to any of the Pocket Outlook apps.

But it is only recently that I noticed that when I am seeing this problem occur, iTask no longer starts from the button press. That is why I thought they might be related.

This is really annoying because it forces me to warm reboot several times a day.

Thanks again!!!!!