View Full Version : iPAQ h6315 To Go On Sale August 26th?

Janak Parekh
08-03-2004, 09:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.mpx200.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1936' target='_blank'>http://www.mpx200.org/modules.php?o...rticle&sid=1936</a><br /><br /></div>Mobile Gadget News has a brief blurb about when the 6315 might actually be available from T-Mobile:<br /><br /><i>"You want a date? Here you go, right from HP Shopping: 'T-Mobile is the exclusive service provider for the HP iPAQ h6315. Service plans and coverage information will be available on August 26, 2004.'"</i><br /><br />Sounds to me like the 6315 will be the earliest of the next-generation Pocket PC Phones to hit the market. That said, even August 26 sounds like a long time away. ;)

robcorn
08-03-2004, 10:44 PM
Apparently the lack of responses on this topic shows that we who want the h6315 know when it is coming out, and this is old news to us!

Janak Parekh
08-03-2004, 10:57 PM
Apparently the lack of responses on this topic shows that we who want the h6315 know when it is coming out, and this is old news to us!
Possibly, and it wasn't a huge piece of news, although I posted it because it's a slow news day and for the lurkers' sake. ;)

--janak

Sparkomatic
08-03-2004, 11:03 PM
I think the big question is this... T-Mobile's website has a sign up form so current customers can get one of these before the official release date. Does anyone know when T-Mobile's going to sell them to their customers?

tourdewolf
08-03-2004, 11:07 PM
Well I personally plan to pick up one but I have absolutly no faith in these projected dates of release/sale etc.

Jon Westfall
08-04-2004, 12:23 AM
I think the big question is this... T-Mobile's website has a sign up form so current customers can get one of these before the official release date. Does anyone know when T-Mobile's going to sell them to their customers?

I submitted the presale signup form to the "Submit News" link about 1 1/2 weeks ago when I learned of it, and never heard back. The link is www.getmoreconnected.com if anyone wants to sign up to be able to "buy it early" (Supposedly, hopefully, before Aug 26)

Duncan
08-04-2004, 12:30 AM
Possibly, and it wasn't a huge piece of news, although I posted it because it's a slow news day and for the lurkers' sake. ;)

Ah... I so very nearly had some 'bigger' news for you... but that will have to wait *slightly* longer it seems... :wink:

So - is anyone really that excited by th h63xx now? It does seem that, now we know it won't get WM2003 SE, the shine has gone from it...

The XDA III looks like the new PE hope now...

maximus
08-04-2004, 01:26 AM
Sounds to me like the 6315 will be the earliest of the next-generation Pocket PC Phones to hit the market. That said, even August 26 sounds like a long time away. ;)

Uhm. I am not quite sure that 6315 is 'next generation'. The processor is not too impressive, non VGA, only 64+64 memory ...

'next generation' PPCPE should have at least 624 mhz (adjustable according to the processor load to conserve power), VGA, 128+128 memory, CF+SD slot .or. dual SD slot.

Jon Westfall
08-04-2004, 01:29 AM
Sounds to me like the 6315 will be the earliest of the next-generation Pocket PC Phones to hit the market. That said, even August 26 sounds like a long time away. ;)

Uhm. I am not quite sure that 6315 is 'next generation'. The processor is not too impressive, non VGA, only 64+64 memory ...

'next generation' PPCPE should have at least 624 mhz (adjustable according to the processor load to conserve power), VGA, 128+128 memory, CF+SD slot .or. dual SD slot.

Personally, I don't care about the processor / memory on it. I have had my fill of "oversees" phones in the US - can't get support, can't get service, can't get accessories. I'd rather have a phone here I can have supported & warrentied, and sacrifice speed.

Janak Parekh
08-04-2004, 01:40 AM
I guess I was looking more for the term of "next batch". Besides, it is the first integrated WiFi+GPRS Pocket PC. There's a few right around the corner, but they seem to be poised to make it to market first.

--janak

seaflipper
08-04-2004, 04:53 AM

The rumor going around is that existing T-Mobile customers will get the chance to buy the h6315 2 days prior to it's official release. At least they will get the chance to *order* the phone 2 days before anyone else can, then it's a free for all on the 26th.

I think that the phones will be in the stores on the 26th

Jon Westfall
08-04-2004, 05:04 AM

The rumor going around is that existing T-Mobile customers will get the chance to buy the h6315 2 days prior to it's official release. At least they will get the chance to *order* the phone 2 days before anyone else can, then it's a free for all on the 26th.

Nice rumor, any chance you can tell us where you heard it?

Thanks.

DaleReeck
08-04-2004, 12:51 PM

#sarcasm on# Oh boy. Two full days. Wow. #sarcasm off#

I signed up for that thing too and it said you can "order" it ahead of everyone else. To me, it sounds like they will take your money earlier, but didn't say anything about actually getting the product early.

DaleReeck
08-04-2004, 01:52 PM

Ah... I so very nearly had some 'bigger' news for you... but that will have to wait *slightly* longer it seems... :wink:

So - is anyone really that excited by th h63xx now? It does seem that, now we know it won't get WM2003 SE, the shine has gone from it...

The XDA III looks like the new PE hope now...

I have to diagree about SE. There are only three real advantages to SE - VGA support, on the fly landscape and a better version of PIE. The 6300 doesn't have VGA and the other two can be achieved with third party products (though in the case of landscape support, on the fly support is very cool). But those are minor disadvantages compared with getting three kinds of wireless on the same small device. I have a Toshiba e805 VGA device upgraded to SE and it's just not that big of a deal. In fact, some of my apps are incompatible with that setup.

I had the XDA II, but recently sold it. An excellent device, but as one person already mentioned here, "foreign" PocketPC's are risky bets, especially in getting them serviced and getting accessories. Plus, if they aren't carried by your local cellular provider, unlocked devices aren't supported real well by them if you have problems.

weisco
08-04-2004, 02:52 PM
Duncan was asking if anyone is excited about the 63xx now. YES--Compare it to my current T-Mobile PPC and it is a HUGE step forward. Plus, there is something to be said about a release date at the end of the month, versus sometime in early 2005 (Motorolla). We don't even know if T-Mobile is going to carry the Motorolla.

I also agree with DaleReeck: Support is a big concern to me. T-Mobile was kind enough to replace my PPC twice since I purchased it, and I did have a few tech support level 3 issues. The crossing your fingers with warranty/accessories/support idea is not something I want to deal with.

dadarkmcse asked about the rumor about "ordering" 2 days early. I heard the same info from T-Mobile business care when I attempted to see if I could get one early. The rep read from an internal memo that I should sign up online & that I would be allowed to order 2 days early.

Sparkomatic
08-04-2004, 04:05 PM
2 days is pretty cheesy. I was thinking it was going to be 1 week (maybe 2 weeks) earlier. Oh well...

DaleReeck
08-04-2004, 07:19 PM
2 days is pretty cheesy. I was thinking it was going to be 1 week (maybe 2 weeks) earlier. Oh well...

I wasn't really expecting two weeks early, but one week should not have been out of the question.

Jon Westfall
08-04-2004, 07:42 PM
2 Days hopefully means that they'll have the presence of mind to have units reserved for those who pre-order. I hope they don't simply open the presale without having at least 1 unit per 2 signups on the web form reserved and waiting to ship as soon as I press "submit" on the order form! A week would have been nice though.

I was in a t-mobile store yesterday and was told that they had no idea when it was coming out, so they were just as amused as me when I told them about the sign up form. Seriously people - don't you ever check your own corporate home page??? :)