View Full Version : UK Dell ordering speed

scargill
08-03-2004, 04:01 PM
I ordered my axim X30 today, the hi end model without any extras.
I went on the online tracking system after about 3 hours; and the axim is "packing"
Now if its true then I should recieve it within 2 days, thats much faster than the 4 weeks some people have been saying its taken in the states. I was just quite impressed and wondered why they didn't seem to be "build to order here" although the computers are.

SteveHoward999
08-03-2004, 04:56 PM
I was just quite impressed and wondered why they didn't seem to be "build to order here" although the computers are.

I have not bought a PocketPC from Dell in the UK, but have bought several computers and laptops. They most certainly do build those to order .... if you chose to customise the machine.

If you choose an off-the-shelf item, as you have with no extras at all, they tend to keep a stock of popular items in local warehouses. So for instance when I bought machines in Preston, Lancashire, they used to come from a warehouse in Leyland if I remember right. Off-the-shelf items took just a couple of days. Custom items were as long as 4 weeks depending on spec.

Steve

darxide
08-28-2004, 07:15 PM
I ordered my x30 high yesterday and dell (uk) phoned back today to confirm the delivery date which will be wednesday. Bearing in mind its bank hol weekend it will be 3-5 days which is average. Cant wait for it to arrive tho, im like an excited kid :)