View Full Version : Hx4700 bluetooth approval and possible graphics accelerator???

Ir0nman
07-31-2004, 04:09 PM
Looking at the PDf from the Bluetooth approval site (Reference Design application link)

http://qualweb.bluetooth.org/Template2.cfm?LinkQualified=QualifiedProducts&Details=Yes&ProductID=1888

Near the bottom of the page it reads:

• Independent graphics controller for fast smooth video playback

I love this quote because of the possibilities. Could this mean an unannounced marathon???
since the Update on HP's support yesterday I think I had really started leaning more towards the Asus A730, but if this is true and the 4705 really does have some sort of graphics accelerator than that would make even the lackluster support worth wild for that type of performance.

what are everyone else's thoughts on this?

-Ir0nman

Ink Noise
07-31-2004, 04:43 PM
Remember, the 2215 has a separate graphics processor and it has less than stellar graphics.

Ir0nman
07-31-2004, 04:57 PM
Yes, though with the complexities and driver issues in 2003SE, I think a seperate graphics accelerator even if not to the level of the marathon would definately improve graphics. Just my opinion though. No one will really know until we get to see some benchies.

-Ir0nman

akdark
07-31-2004, 04:58 PM
But there is no proof that a730 has Intel 2700G chip. I checked pictures of PCB boards and haven't found that chip. It is as big as PXA270, so I couldn't miss it :)
Of course it would be very good if it has this chip. We don't even know that 4705 use Intel chip. They could get for ex. ATI (which is not as good).

Ir0nman
07-31-2004, 05:05 PM
As far as I know the Asus will have no graphics chip, unless Asus makes some very last minute changes...lol, since I had the idea that neither had a seperate graphics chip I considered them on a more or less equal plain. Hopefully though it would be nice if the 4705 has some sort of extra graphics controller. Even an ATi controller would have to be better than none.

-Ir0nman

akdark
07-31-2004, 05:20 PM
It was said here:
http://www.mobile-review.com/pda/review/asus-a730-en.shtml
(about Intel 2700G 3D accelerator)

I hope it is true:)

Ir0nman
07-31-2004, 05:25 PM
From everything I have read on www.pocketmatrix.com, who have very close ties to Asus, there will be no independent graphics accelerator. As far as I can tell, that was just early speculation on the reviewers part in the review you linked too.

-Ir0nman

Duncan
07-31-2004, 09:51 PM
Looking at the PDf from the Bluetooth approval site (Reference Design application link)

http://qualweb.bluetooth.org/Template2.cfm?LinkQualified=QualifiedProducts&Details=Yes&ProductID=1888

Near the bottom of the page it reads:

• Independent graphics controller for fast smooth video playback

I love this quote because of the possibilities. Could this mean an unannounced marathon???
since the Update on HP's support yesterday I think I had really started leaning more towards the Asus A730, but if this is true and the 4705 really does have some sort of graphics accelerator than that would make even the lackluster support worth wild for that type of performance.

what are everyone else's thoughts on this?

I hate to have to tell you this but the PDF is just a mock-up. The text on the first page has been lifted directly from the datasheet for the h2210. Some quotes that help to give it away: Wireless ready with WLAN 802.11b cardSmallest iPAQ Pocket PC available today with both Compact Flash Type II
and Secure Digital slots for flexibility and convenience in storage and
expansionSoft touch sides for an ergonomically comfortable feel and slip free grip They have even left the picture at the top in place (showing an h2210). They have (quite crudely) simply replaced mentions of the device name and pasted in some low quality (taken by the FCC?) pictures.

The second page - with the specs - is largely an adaptation of the h2210 sheet as well. The original table had no row for WiFi - so only Bluetooth is listed. The given weight is that of the h2210. The mesurements would seem to be those of the h2210 (at least the inch ones are) - the mm conversions don't match - they are close to, but contradict, the official measurements as given in the released hx4700 datasheet.

In short - you can't take anything from that PDF... sorry...! :)

Ir0nman
08-01-2004, 04:16 AM
Darn, I was really hoping for something that would help me make an easier choice between the Asus, and HP...lol, oh well, just going to have to wait for the release.

-Ir0nman

FODAO
08-03-2004, 04:31 AM
0X Ir0nman Ir0nman Ir0nman get the hp 5555 you will get much more pda for your money 0X

Duncan
08-03-2004, 01:52 PM
0X Ir0nman Ir0nman Ir0nman get the hp 5555 you will get much more pda for your money 0X

More as in QVGA instead of VGA, or as in single slot instead of dual slot, or as in smaller battery, or as in greater weight?

Define MORE...

Ir0nman
08-03-2004, 04:34 PM
Actually I've been kinda taken in by the possibility of an e830, for me that sounds like the perfect device, and if Mugen produces the super extended battery at 5400 mAh, I can only have one word... perfect PDA :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

-Ir0nman