View Full Version : Axim X30 - Leap and Dynamic WEP

jeez
07-30-2004, 09:30 PM
OK, I've configured the device to work on my corporate network using the Odyssey client.
Leap is enabled, the SSID is entered correctly, the problem is the network isn't being found. Does the X30 or Odyssey client not support Dynamic WEP?
I called Dell and they argued with me about not having the key....I'm saying, "Dude, its DYNAMIC". They say, "what?" UGH!!!!
Anyone have any ideas?

CoreyJF
07-31-2004, 12:47 PM
Correct me if I am mistaken but on a Dynamic WEP, you still need a pre-shared key? I was under the impression there is an intial authorization, then keys expire and are dynamicly regenrated behind the scenes. Did you contact you IT department for an pre-shared key?

benixau
08-17-2004, 02:27 PM
Correct me if I am mistaken but on a Dynamic WEP, you still need a pre-shared key? I was under the impression there is an intial authorization, then keys expire and are dynamicly regenrated behind the scenes. Did you contact you IT department for an pre-shared key?

correct. Dynamic WEP (similar to WPA) still needs a PSK. Once the PSK is used for authenticating it is never used again. Its dynamic for the data - not the authentication.