View Full Version : synchronization of different Contacts folders

rk325
07-29-2004, 11:14 PM
I was wondering if I can synchronize a Contact file that is under Contacts but in another file than Contacts.

For example, I have my Contact folder (file?) and I have added 2 new files under Contact that I called 'Potential Clients" and 'CUrrent Clients'. In my desktop it works fine, I can click on either one and see who is who. But how can I synch a similar structure to my PPC? So far all I can sync is but 1 Contact folder with all my Contac information in it, but not the 'Potential Clients' or 'Current Clients' information as separate Contact folders with those respective names.

At the moment I have merged both folders into 1 and put all the info. in Contacts. That I can sync, but then in my PPC I cannot distinguis a current client form a potential client (unless I already know them of course).

Can I do this? How?

Janak Parekh
07-29-2004, 11:28 PM
Not really. There's a PowerToy, but that essentially does the merging for you. The problem is that Pocket Outlook has only one Contacts database. You're much better off organizing the information into categories. You can view the information similarly, and with multiple categorization support it's quite flexible.

--janak :)

rk325
08-02-2004, 03:26 PM
Thanks Janak.
Just wanted to make sure it could be done.
Yes, I realized all the contacts information I sync. is divided by categories, according to their Categories in my desktop Outlook.

Maybe figuring out how to do this could be a personal project to kill time!

-Rocio

rhmorrison
08-02-2004, 03:50 PM
Maybe figuring out how to do this could be a personal project to kill time!There is nothing to figure out, just do the following:
Create the two new categories "Potential Clients" and "Current Clients" Go to one of the two folders and Mark all contacts (press Ctrl+A) and assign them to the proper category Move all contacts to the MAIN contacts folder Repeat for the other folderNow you are done!

All you have to do is synch with your PocketPC!