View Full Version : Death of PocketPCPassion??

griph
07-28-2004, 11:21 PM
I checked with PocketPCPassion today - still do from time to time. I was surprised to find the site still down with a mesage saying:

"Our apologies for the unscheduled maintenance that has temporarily taken www.pocketpcpassion.com offline. Due to a monitored drive failure in the RAID system, we have taken the opportunity to not only to replace the affected drive, which normally does not affect website availability, we have also opted to update the operating system to Windows Server 2003 for improved security. A long awaited upgrade.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate you bearing with us as we strive to improve the quality & security of our Remote Hosting service. Your site should not be affected for long as we swap operating system images and configure.

Please check back later today when the system should be back online. Thank you. "

The thing is I looked in on the site about a month ago and got exactly the same screen then.

I know that things haven't been the same over the last year, but I'd still be sad to see Dale's site gone for good. Does anyone have any news on this site?

Janak Parekh
07-28-2004, 11:33 PM
I posted an update (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29964) from Dale two weeks ago. Nothing further yet. :(

--janak

pootp
07-29-2004, 01:43 AM
Just curious. Which hosting provider were they with?

SteveHoward999
07-29-2004, 02:39 AM
Any chance they are working with the same twits who killed pdabuzz.com ?

Janak Parekh
07-29-2004, 03:34 AM
Just curious. Which hosting provider were they with?
A quick WHOIS lookup suggests Interland. I think Dale had an agreement with a CMS provider that set him up on that system, but I'm not privy to the details.

As for PDABuzz, I think that was a totally different ballgame. That was a business takeover and flounder, this was a hard disk crash. ;)

--janak