View Full Version : Bluetooth phone to pocket pc apps

isilver
07-28-2004, 04:12 AM
I am going to be getting a bluetooth phone and I want to link it to my pocket pc. I am looking for the best software available that will allow me to make calls through my pocket pc or send text message or keeps full stats on the phone. Whatever software is out there I want to know about it.

I also heard a rumor. If I sign up through AT&T rogers with my bluetooth phone and connect through a ISP that I will be charged by the download. Can anyone confirm or deny this rumor?

Jeff Rutledge
07-28-2004, 04:32 AM
I am going to be getting a bluetooth phone and I want to link it to my pocket pc. I am looking for the best software available that will allow me to make calls through my pocket pc or send text message or keeps full stats on the phone. Whatever software is out there I want to know about it.
Running Voice GSM will do this. You should be able to find it by searching on Handango.
I also heard a rumor. If I sign up through AT&T rogers with my bluetooth phone and connect through a ISP that I will be charged by the download. Can anyone confirm or deny this rumor?

You need to activate a data plan with Rogers. You're charged according to the amount of data (in MB) you download within a month. I don't recall the rates offhand, but I don't think it's cheap (subjective term I suppose).

ctmagnus
07-28-2004, 05:10 AM
$12/2MB, $0.01/kB after 2MB is the best Rogers offers to us mere mortals. :cry:

The first time I was away from home with my BT phone and iPaq I blew through $80 worth of data in four days.

horseflesh
07-28-2004, 07:43 AM
be careful, not all Bluetooth phones will work with GMS manager software like Running Voice. For example, I have a Nokia 3650 and there are *no* pocketpc apps that will allow me to sync my phone book or SMS messages. (I can get an outgoing SMS message to work, but cannot check the inbox or access the address book in memory or the SIM card.)

This all worked great when I had a SE t68i, but the Symbian Nokias are a different beast. I am unhappy they are not supported, I need to change phones.

Shop carefully!