View Full Version : Death of an X5

Job
07-27-2004, 07:22 PM
Maybe someone with more technological know-how than I can help me out here. I took my Axim to work a couple weeks ago to listen to music, but I left it in the truck. It was one of the 90+ degree days, and it hasn't worked since. It was sitting on the dash in the bulky, black case Dell sent. Did I inadvertently fry it? Does Dell cover such stupidity? The funny thing is, if I plug it in, the amber/orange light comes on as if it's charging. Eventually, the light turns green to indicate it's full. Unfortunately, no matter what color the light is, it refuses to turn on. I believe I have tried just about everything to get it to work again, but nothing works.

Thanks.

Job
07-27-2004, 07:24 PM
Hold the phone, I took out both batteries simultaneously while leaving it plugged in, and it turned on... ?

CTSLICK
07-27-2004, 09:45 PM
Call a priest...its possessed :twisted: 8O

jerryk
09-08-2004, 10:52 PM
Hold the phone, I took out both batteries simultaneously while leaving it plugged in, and it turned on... ?

You probably reset a battery overtemp sensor or value when you pulled the batteries. Popping the battery has saved me many times on laptops.
:D
jerry