View Full Version : Email question

ToddJ
07-27-2004, 03:31 AM
What is a good e-mail program that will also sync with Yahoo? I want something that, when deleting an e-mail from my PDA, it will delete on my yahoo acct. And vice versa. Is there such a thing? Also, I am looking for something that can be password protected too. Or any security programs that would lock people out of certain programs.

Brad Adrian
07-27-2004, 04:23 PM
Of course, if you've got a live Internet connection, you can just access your Yahoo! account via Pocket Internet Explorer.

I've never tried to set up a Yahoo! account as a POP account in Pocket Inbox, but it seems like it would be straightforward. Does anybody know if this will or will not work?

alexm
07-28-2004, 03:08 PM
Of course, if you've got a live Internet connection, you can just access your Yahoo! account via Pocket Internet Explorer.

I've never tried to set up a Yahoo! account as a POP account in Pocket Inbox, but it seems like it would be straightforward. Does anybody know if this will or will not work?

It is straightforward, except it does not delete e-mails on your yahoo account then you delete them in your Inbox on ppc (or at least I couldn't get it to work). And I think when you send emails from your ppc even though you can have a copy saved in your Sent Items folder, it will not be save in your Sent Items in yahoo.

ToddJ
07-28-2004, 03:46 PM
Actually, I got it to work...however, now I am looking for a password protection feature for my e-mail. Any idea where I can get one that will work for just that program?

rorzo
07-28-2004, 06:45 PM
I've been using a push email application on my PPC from SEVEN. It definitely syncs your deleted emails on your device with your Yahoo! inbox. It's pretty cool.

They are offering a free beta of the SEVEN Personal Edition right now. Check out the program info:

http://www.seven.com/Products/Individuals/Personal_Edition/Beta.html

ToddJ
07-28-2004, 06:55 PM
Can you hide your e-mail or password protect it (when it is save on the Pocket PC?) I would be happy with the INBOX that comes with the pocket pc (I have everything working right to sync with my Yahoo acct.) However, I want to be able to keep it password protected. Any idea on how to do that?

rorzo
07-28-2004, 07:08 PM
I don't actually know. That's a good question. No one else uses my ppc so I don't have a need for that. I don't see a function on the application to do so... let me keep investigating...

ToddJ
08-02-2004, 03:52 PM
anyone else? I would like to keep my girlfriend out of my PDA...especially after seeing ads for the move "little black book" ;)