View Full Version : Current PDA that can use a PCMCIA card?

Zero101
07-26-2004, 07:05 PM
I am currently using an aging iPaq 3815. I upgraded it to WM2003 a while back, and it's doing the job, but I would love something a little slimmer.. a little more powerful, and I am definitely envious of some of WM2003 SE's features (esp. the native landscape display).

But... I have a nice 5GB PCMCIA Toshiba hard drive that I keep mp3's, divx's, etc on... and I don't really want to upgrade to a PDA that can't use it. Seems like most of the newer PDA's are strictly SD though... with a few that also have CF.

Are there any newer PDA's (or any on the horizon) that have PCMCIA capabilities?

Thanks for the help

(You know.. if Hp would just release an SE upgrade to my current PDA, I could save a lot of time and money :roll: )

powder2000
07-26-2004, 07:17 PM
None with a pccard slot built in. Semsons Co. makes an adapter that fits in the cf slot and converts it to fit a pccard. The adapter is flexible and allows you to fold the card to the back, flush against the ppc. There are other manufacturers of these adapters, I just have experience with this one. One thing to make sure is that the card is supported by ppc. The main factor being voltage. PPC's also don't support cardbus cards.