View Full Version : Flash demo of how the 4700 Nav pad software works

ironguy
07-26-2004, 05:09 PM
OK, everyone wants to know how the touch pad works. The 4700 touch pad software is created by Synaptics - called NavPoint. Here's the link with a flash demo/tutorial regarding the 4700:

http://www.synaptics.com/

buckyg
07-26-2004, 05:35 PM
Cool, though I'm still wanting to hear how well it does with games. I use my PPC for more than games, but it is a consideration...

yanathin
07-26-2004, 07:20 PM
Hmm, that's actually kinda cool. Although a cursor on a touch screen is pretty pointless... Hmm, at least there are bumps for where the four directions are, which will make it a little easier for gaming. Argh, I want CompUSA or CircuitCity to get a display model out...

Jeff Rutledge
07-26-2004, 07:26 PM
Hmmm...that looks pretty interesting actually. I'd like to try it out myself and hear some real-world feedback. The video makes it look fairly smooth though doesn't it (I guess that's it's job though ;)).

jonathanchoo
07-26-2004, 08:00 PM
Playing games like Pocket Quake, Metalion, Tomb Raider and Michael Schumacher Kart Racing should be easier with this touchpad. The only problem that is stopping me wanting to purchase this product is 64Mb RAM. If games are to be released to take advantage of the VGA screen, 64Mb is just too little. I think I will wait for a 4800.

Steven Cedrone
07-26-2004, 09:04 PM
Not sure about the touch pad (then again, I am not a gamer so it's not that critical - heck my first Pocket PC didn't have a D-pad). I just looked at the flash demo and you have to change modes depending on how you want to use the pad, I wonder how often I would have to do this? I would love to play with one of these to see how it worked first hand!

Steve