View Full Version : Fitaly Proficiency-Real World Usage

Badandy
07-26-2004, 02:57 AM
Hello. I know there have been those Fitaly record holders who have amazingly fast WPM's, but I was wondering about something else. I was wondering what is your average WPM's you would guess in real world usage, not the Dom Perigon (sp) contest?

Also, if you could answer these questions, that would be great.

1. How long have you been using Fitaly?

2. How long did it take you to become fairly comfortable using it?

3. Do you have any tips for new users?

I thought this would be an alright thread to start up not only because I am going to try to use Fitaly (again), but it can also be a place where people who are thinking of trying Fitaly can read information pertaining to it. .

Badandy
07-26-2004, 07:11 PM
You are telling me that no one here uses Fitaly? Come on people, I am interested in how fast you are with Fitaly.

Robb Bates
07-26-2004, 09:51 PM
I tried to use it and even gave it some time for me to get used to the different method. I've tried other so-called speedy text entry methods. In the end, I've given up on anything that doesn't resemble either a QWERTY keyboard or a Graffiti pad.

I'll stick with Block Recognizer and Full Screen Keyboard.

Robb

Zack Mahdavi
07-26-2004, 10:47 PM
I use Fitaly, and I love it. Back in Palm days, I became pretty efficient with graffiti, but my Fitaly speeds blow away my graffiti skills any day. Unfortunately, the learning curve is pretty steep, so expect to practicle a lot before you get good at it. I don't know an actual WPM for my fitaly speed since i don't have fitalyletris installed anymore.

Robb Bates
07-26-2004, 11:01 PM
Unfortunately, the learning curve is pretty steep, so expect to practicle a lot before you get good at it.

That's what stopped me. I didn't have to write any novels on my PPC, so I didn't really use it that much. When I did need to enter text, it was too much trouble to try to re-learn fitaly. Grafiti was so much more natural for me. That's my preferred method.

Robb

Badandy
07-27-2004, 03:42 AM
I use Fitaly, and I love it. Back in Palm days, I became pretty efficient with graffiti, but my Fitaly speeds blow away my graffiti skills any day. Unfortunately, the learning curve is pretty steep, so expect to practicle a lot before you get good at it. I don't know an actual WPM for my fitaly speed since i don't have fitalyletris installed anymore.

Well, I would guess you have an estimate for your typing speed. What do you estimate your fitaly skills are? I am not looking for anything exact, just approximations. Also, can you answer the questions I posted in the original post. I am really interested in this.

Zack Mahdavi
07-27-2004, 04:01 AM
Well, I would guess you have an estimate for your typing speed. What do you estimate your fitaly skills are? I am not looking for anything exact, just approximations. Also, can you answer the questions I posted in the original post. I am really interested in this.

I can probably get about 25 wpm with Fitaly. That seems about right. I've been using Fitaly since March, and it took about a month to get comfortable.

I'd also recommend you search the forums for Fitaly. There was a fairly long thread discussed about this a while back.

Good luck!

Janak Parekh
07-27-2004, 04:13 AM
I use Fitaly heavily too, but I don't know if I can estimate a speed. I'm rarely typing extended data at any given point. I'm very happy with it, though: I'm probably several times faster with it than Block Recognizer.

--janak