View Full Version : ATT Wireless Pocket Pc new hardware Question>>>>

scottk
07-25-2004, 06:24 AM
I have a SX 56 on att wireless. I'm thinking of upgrading to the Audiovox ppc 4100, but I'm worried something better is on the near horizon. Any thoughts? Should I wait? Is the the 4100 obviously better? Any info you folks have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Scott Killam

Janak Parekh
07-25-2004, 07:45 PM
Two other compelling devices are on the horizon: the iPAQ 6300-series device, potentially being announced tomorrow, and the Motorola MPx, whose release date is very unknown.

As for the PPC4100, it's a nice little device. It's hugely superior to the SX56, especially since it handles both the 850 and 1900 bands, which will give you much better AT&T coverage if they have 850 spectrum near where you live. It also has a better screen, faster processor, etc. However, the one thing it doesn't have is Bluetooth, and that might be something you want to think about.

--janak

dgrilli
08-01-2004, 06:48 PM
I've been looking in to the XDAII or MDA II which is the second edition to the Pocket PC phone by AT&T and T-Mobile both made by HTC.

I made a Post asking the Pocket PC community who have been using this Pocket PC a lot of look...See's but no posts

This is sold in Europe by T-Mobile and I read some who have been purchasing this and using it here. Supposedly this has runaway from the whole lot in benchmarks and performance and even topped out and kicked the pants off of the HP dedicated pocket pc's?

I looked at the benchmarks and looked impressive.

So if anyone else can give feed back would be great