View Full Version : e80x WiFi Web Surfing Speed (plus a couple of other questions)

Be3G
07-24-2004, 08:56 PM
Hi,
I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask...

Firstly, could anyone please approximately time how long it takes a webpage (say, the PPCT homepage) to become fully viewable in PIE ("normal" i.e. lots-of-scrolling mode), using VGA landscape in WM2K3SE? Mentioning your internet connection speed/type (i.e. 512K ADSL) would be useful, as well as maybe your WiFi router?
I've done some searching and I am fully aware that there are large variations in webpage download speed - some people attribute these differences to the WiFi router in use, others to the different browsers (NetFront, Thunderhawk, etc.). However, as I say, what I'd like are just basic timings to download a webpage or two in PIE - I'd just like some quantitive indication of the kinds of speeds I can expect in PIE!

Secondly, can anyone please confim if TomTom CityMaps works on a WM2K3SE-upgraded e800?

Finally... is it possible to have MSN Messenger running in the background while the PDA (well, screen) is off? What I'd like to be able to do is just take my PDA around the house, and have it remain connected to Messenger - therefore allowing anyone to send me a message if they want, even while not using the PDA. Making the PDA a kind of pager, if you will. Don't know if that's possible!

Many thanks in advance,
Thomas

crwoo
08-06-2004, 09:50 PM
an average page takes about 10 seconds to display on my 28k telephone line. (almost twice as fast as my Toshiba E755)

Yes you could do that messenger thingy without any problem as long as you stay in reach of your wifi connection.