View Full Version : I may be the first to post this, but RZ1715 available at Circuit City now :O

PezRadar
07-24-2004, 06:06 PM
If anyone has been looking at this bargain PDA (I guess its a bargain)

Its now available at Circuit City stores for 279.99. Please do call ahead.

I work at circuit City, and we put ours up on display as well as a whole new PDA display for plam and windows mobile devices thats fairly spiffy. But Its not on the actual website or hpshopping.com, but we put ours up and had 1 still in stock after using 1 for the display.

This was at Frisco, Texas Location on Preston/State Highway 121 Store Number 3264

Do call ahead and accept no liars! Use 3264 as an inventory location if they try tellling u "What are talking about?"

Just say

"Check DPS on 3264, they have it in stock so wheres yours!??!" :P

BTW I did play around with it..

Specs

206mhz Samsung, 25mb of available RAM :(

The Ipaq boxes have changed.. This one is similar to a cardboard zire type box now.. and the interface on the desktop is different for this Windows Mobile 2003 device (Not SE)

Its kinda being marketed as a multimedia assistant i felt.. Since on the front of the actual desktop there were like 4 big buttons that looked similiar to Mac Desktops and there shortcut bar on the bottom.. But it was an easy link to music listening,video watching, internet, and stuff like that

netboy_my
07-24-2004, 06:30 PM
It's already on sale over here at Malaysia since Wednesday. It's retailling at RM988 here, converted to USD is about $260 (3.8 exchange rate).

It's sold here as rz1710.

My quick review about rz1710:

First impression: Cheapskate PocketPC. The casing is build completely with plastic. When I turned to look at the back - OMG, the battery is built-in, instead of removable. I wonder why HP still uses built-in battery when they left them in the existing line of iPAQs. So, when you want to change battery, the rz1710 will have to go back to HP. Voice-recorder button is missing. You'll have to access the Note app to record voice, instead of 1-button-record. Now to the system, SE doesn't bring a major improvement. Users can now change the font size. And of course, change the view to landscape (Right-handed or left-handed). No changes in apps like File Explorer, Pocket Word & Excel. PocketIE will now let you change the layout so that you can view the webpage without scrolling. I believe h19xx series users don't have any reason why they should "upgrade" to the rz1710. I'd say it'll be a downgrade.

Pros:
.WM2003SE

Cons:
.Cheap plastic feel
.Missing voice-record button
.Non-removable battery

PezRadar
07-24-2004, 06:35 PM
It's already on sale over here at Malaysia since Wednesday. It's retailling at RM988 here, converted to USD is about $260 (3.8 exchange rate).

It's sold here as rz1710.

My quick review about rz1710:

First impression: Cheapskate PocketPC. The casing is build completely with plastic. When I turned to look at the back - OMG, the battery is built-in, instead of removable. I wonder why HP still uses built-in battery when they left them in the existing line of iPAQs. So, when you want to change battery, the rz1710 will have to go back to HP. Voice-recorder button is missing. You'll have to access the Note app to record voice, instead of 1-button-record. Now to the system, SE doesn't bring a major improvement. Users can now change the font size. And of course, change the view to landscape (Right-handed or left-handed). No changes in apps like File Explorer, Pocket Word & Excel. PocketIE will now let you change the layout so that you can view the webpage without scrolling. I believe h19xx series users don't have any reason why they should "upgrade" to the rz1710. I'd say it'll be a downgrade.

Pros:
.WM2003SE

Cons:
.Cheap plastic feel
.Missing voice-record button
.Non-removable battery

Yea it is most definetly a downgrade..

BtW I Dont think its uses.. WM2003 SE.. If it did.. it would say so on the box of the item, but i was carefully inspecting it all over and couldnt find it saying it in system specs or on the box.. Just said WM2003

And you malaysian people are just speshial :P

Janak Parekh
07-24-2004, 07:08 PM
Guys, Jason posted to the frontpage. Let's continue the conversation there:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30422&highlight=

Thanks!

--janak