View Full Version : simple ( i think) phone edition questions

perchance
07-24-2004, 03:28 PM
Hi everyone, A couple of questions regarding the phone edition, If I have
audiobooks and music on a SD card will I be able to listen to them over
a bluetooth headset like the Jabra Freespeak ?

Thanks, Chance

WyattEarp
07-24-2004, 05:54 PM
Yup, as long has it has Bluetooth. Do it all the time with my Jabra FreeSpeak and iPAQ. :D :robot:

surur
07-24-2004, 07:05 PM
Hang on a second. It depends on the device.

If it is the xda 2 then the answer is NO. Any device using the Microsoft bluetooth stack--- NO.

Tell us which device you want to buy, and we can investigate more closely.

Surur

perchance
07-25-2004, 02:04 AM
Thanks for the information. What model? damn if I know, for monthsI have been going back and forth between the Ipaq 4700 and the 6300 phone.
I would love to have a vga screen but a phone would be nice.
If your interested, what makes this doubly difficult for me to choose is that
I have never owned a cell phone or a pda, and they both look wonderful.
I just read the full specs on both models, I think I'm getting a headache.
Thank again---Chance

surur
07-25-2004, 08:38 AM
The HP6300 seems to have a very full-features bluetooth stack (probably the widcomm one), so youi should be able to listen to system audio via your headset.

Surur

PoweriPaq
07-26-2004, 05:15 PM
Is it possible to change the bluetooth stack? I have the O2, and would love to have a headset profile for my stereo headphones.

WyattEarp
07-26-2004, 05:58 PM
Is it possible to change the bluetooth stack? I have the O2, and would love to have a headset profile for my stereo headphones.

It is possible but you should find which company supplies the bluetooth stack and use theirs. I did it once with my iPAQ 3975 at the time using the Widcomm drivers since that was what it was using.

PoweriPaq
07-27-2004, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the reply, how do I find out which bluetooth stack I'm using?

It is possible but you should find which company supplies the bluetooth stack and use theirs. I did it once with my iPAQ 3975 at the time using the Widcomm drivers since that was what it was using.

WyattEarp
07-28-2004, 07:19 AM
Finding the bluetooth version: Go to Settings > Asset Viewer > Bluetooth
There you will find all the versions of firmware, hardware, software, etc. on your device.

You can also go into the Bluetooth Manager app and look uder the About feature which will also tell you which version is installed.