View Full Version : MarsWare WeatherPanel query

Darius Wey
07-24-2004, 10:17 AM
Does anybody know if you can enable ClearType for the WeatherPanel plugin? Also, does anybody know how you can change the font sizes of the text displayed in WeatherPanel?

I got a hunch that you can't do either of the above yet right? :wink:

drowe
07-24-2004, 01:55 PM
I believe you are absolutely correct! I haven't found any way to do it......

Darius Wey
07-25-2004, 02:30 PM
Anyway, I've sent an email to the crew at MarsWare suggesting for these new features. For the record, these are some features I would really like to see.

(1) Changeable weather icons (even though the latest ones are really quite cute)
(2) Changeable display font and size, as well as layout
(3) Modifiable cycle rate
(4) Making ClearType available for the plugin

Otherwise, everything else kicks butt! 8)

Robb Bates
07-27-2004, 12:03 AM
One word:

http://www.sbsh.net/products/pocketweather/

No spaces, right? So it's one word!! :D

Get it while it's free.

Robb

Darius Wey
07-27-2004, 02:18 AM
Yep, I tried this a while ago. While it's packed with features, it's filled with a wad of bugs so I haven't decided to make it my main weather program yet.

juni
07-27-2004, 06:26 AM
Cleartype will be back (at least in the beta I'm using). I'd also love changeable weather icons but I think it could be hard to implement. Weatherpanel is the only program (as far as I know of) which actually uses the native transparency of png-format (which makes the images very smooth - no jagged edges :) ).

Robb Bates
07-27-2004, 04:01 PM
Yep, I tried this a while ago. While it's packed with features, it's filled with a wad of bugs so I haven't decided to make it my main weather program yet.

Try it again. They've been actively developing it and it's quite nice now. Yes, there are one or two "bugs" (or features, depending who you ask), but for the main part, it's a pretty solid program.

Robb

Darius Wey
07-28-2004, 05:24 AM
I actually did a week ago. The thing I don't like is the text overlap on the weather icons. Otherwise, it's a pretty solid program.

Robb Bates
07-28-2004, 04:07 PM
All that is manually configurable now. You can set the today plug-in height, the width of each forecast day, the width of the current conditions and all that stuff. The text will only overlap if you want it to.

Robb

Darius Wey
07-29-2004, 03:59 AM
All that is manually configurable now. You can set the today plug-in height, the width of each forecast day, the width of the current conditions and all that stuff. The text will only overlap if you want it to.

Robb

Oh ok! That's good to hear. I'll try it out as soon as I get home tonight. Thanks for sharing that info! :D The program certainly looks promising! More good stuff to expect from SBSH. :wink:

Darius Wey
07-29-2004, 05:31 AM
Hey Juni...how did you manage to lay your hands on the WeatherPanel beta?

juni
07-29-2004, 06:23 AM
I'm doing some more imagery for it ;)

Darius Wey
07-29-2004, 08:23 AM
Ohh!!! So that explains it! :D Did you create those cartoony icons being used in the latest available version? Because those are wicked! Keep up the good work. :D

juni
07-29-2004, 09:58 AM
Guilty as charged ;)