View Full Version : Java on Pocket PC (Formula 1 live timing applet especially)

karlth
07-23-2004, 01:40 PM
Has anyone managed to get the Java applet on: http://www.formula1.com/race/livetiming/popup/725.html running?

It displays live timings from Formula 1 during GP weekends.

Darius Wey
07-23-2004, 02:02 PM
Are you talking about on PC or on PPC?

Anyway, I managed to get it working on both my PC (Firefox and IE) and PPC (via NetFront) if you're wondering.

karlth
07-23-2004, 02:17 PM
PPC (h4150).

Is there an option for enabling Java on the NetFront? I downloaded the NetFront including Java version and didn't get anything on the webpage apart from instructions to download Java.

PS. Are you on AtlasF1? That green meany of yours looks very much like a well known avatar over there.

Darius Wey
07-23-2004, 02:28 PM
Is there an option for enabling Java on the NetFront? I downloaded the NetFront including Java version and didn't get anything on the webpage apart from instructions to download Java.

If you downloaded the Java version, it should already be installed on your PPC. Check your Programs menu and if there's a link to a Java application, it should be installed. Anyway, go to the main NetFront options in the NetFront browser by clicking Tools-Browser Settings. Click the Helper tab and tick the JVLite2 Personal Edition box under the External application / plug-in group box. Restart the application and it should work.

PS. Are you on AtlasF1? That green meany of yours looks very much like a well known avatar over there.

Nope. That's not me. Probably a wanna-be! :lol:

manywhere
07-23-2004, 02:35 PM
I had this working using Jeode JVM and Pocket Internet Explorer back when I was still stuck with Pocket PC 2002. Now I've got WM2003PPC which means that the old Jeode version will not work anymore... :(

Let me know if you get that to work with NetFront! ;) I want it too!! 8)

Darius Wey
07-23-2004, 02:44 PM
Let me know if you get that to work with NetFront! ;) I want it too!! 8)

LOL! I did get it to work with NetFront! 8)

karlth
07-23-2004, 05:02 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

I can't see the Java Application so I must have bungled the original download of NetFront.