View Full Version : Public Service Announcement

Kati Compton
07-23-2004, 04:32 AM
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.

Please be advised that there is a severe shortage of white 9" heavy-duty (two slot) track shelving brackets in the state of Wisconsin. Several counties have been affected, and authorities do not know when the stock will be replenished. Disaster relief has been requested.

While employees at both Menards and Home Depot have confirmed that there should be a large number of white 9" heavy-duty track shelving brackets in their inventory, after countless hours of searching, these brackets are nowhere to be found at either location.

If you find a lost bracket, please return it to your local hardware store.

If you have been hoarding white 9" heavy-duty track shelving brackets, please be advised that you are causing great frustration for countless people that actually NEED these brackets. Please exchange your unused white 9" heavy-duty track shelving brackets for almond, silver, or black versions of the same, which are in plentiful supply. These brackets have equivalent value in the heavy-duty track shelving bracket market.

If, however, you require that the heavy-duty track shelving brackets in your collection be white, please consider an alternate size, at least temporarily. Several sizes, including 7", 11.5", and 14.5", are easily available at any local store. Please exhange your white 9" heavy-duty track brackets for one of these other sizes for the duration of this crisis.

Once this state of emergency has been declared over, you will be free to exhange your temporary heavy-duty track shelving brackets back for the white 9" heavy-duty track shelving brackets if that is your preference.

Thank you for your attention.

ctmagnus
07-23-2004, 04:58 AM
ummm... :confused totally:

Janak Parekh
07-23-2004, 05:23 AM
Let me give a little context. Kati's trying to set up shelving at her home, with only limited success. It seems that the incompetence of Home Depot and Menards has transcended itself. Or... it's a conspiracy against Kati, and she's cracking under pressure from the shortage. :P

--janak

ctmagnus
07-23-2004, 05:29 AM
Ah. For some reason, I thought she was in Michigan. :wink:

Kati Compton
07-23-2004, 05:42 AM
Actually, this time I was shopping for shelving for my office at work. But you get the idea.

I have a love-hate relationship with hardware stores. I love them when I don't need anything and am just browsing, or if I need something and find it right away. I *hate* them when I have to spend an hour or two to find out they can't find the thing that the inventory says they have, or that no one in the store knows where something I need would be located.

dignow96
07-23-2004, 07:17 AM
Are you sure its not a Wisconsin thing and not the hardware stores' fault? Having lost my mind earlier in my life and briefly moved to Manitowoc, WI I can say that could be a very real posibility. Merards NEVER had what I was looking for and I didn't have the Home Depot option. No worries though when my household goods arrived my brain had accidentally been packed up by the movers. As soon as I reinstalled and reinitialized I was outta there and back down to Atlanta. If you're really into Wisconsin I don't know that eaily accessible track shelving would be a reason to leave but you can think about it. In the meantime good luck with the shelves.

Pony99CA
07-23-2004, 08:11 AM
I thought Kati was still in California (I think she went to school there). I guess I'm not up on my Pocket PC Thoughts staff trivia. :-)

Steve

kosmicki
07-23-2004, 08:44 AM
MWA HA HA HA!!! You will NEVER get my hoard of white 9" heavy-duty track shelving brackets!! Once I corner the market in several more states I…. SHALL RULE THE WORLD!! Of white 9" heavy-duty track shelving brackets. Yes.... I will control the entire world! Of white 9" heavy-duty track shelving brackets.

:devilboy:

What? I'm tired. The whole weird bond villan thing just lept into my mind...

wocket
07-23-2004, 03:00 PM
And i'm after chucking out those very same 9" white heavy duty shelving type brackets i'm my annual de clutter. There are so many of them.

oh no it's raining doughnuts again :?

Janak Parekh
07-23-2004, 08:43 PM
I thought Kati was still in California (I think she went to school there).
You would be wrong about that. ;) Kati has never lived in California. In fact, only one of our staff lives in CA...

--janak

Kati Compton
07-23-2004, 10:34 PM
If you're really into Wisconsin I don't know that eaily accessible track shelving would be a reason to leave but you can think about it. In the meantime good luck with the shelves.
Well, I like my job so far, so I don't want to go. Interesting that Menards is based in Wisconsin. Maybe I should truck up to Eau Claire.

Kati Compton
07-23-2004, 10:34 PM
I thought Kati was still in California (I think she went to school there). I guess I'm not up on my Pocket PC Thoughts staff trivia. :-)
Nope - Midwesterner. Always have been.

Pony99CA
07-27-2004, 07:18 AM
I thought Kati was still in California (I think she went to school there).
You would be wrong about that. ;) Kati has never lived in California.
Hmmm, for some reason, I thought she went to college in San Diego. I wonder how I came up with that. :?

In fact, only one of our staff lives in CA...
Would that be Pat?

It's kind of surprising that most of the U.S. staffers are on the East Coast with Jason living in Western Canada, but that's the marvel of the Internet. :-)

Steve

Kati Compton
07-27-2004, 03:03 PM
It's kind of surprising that most of the U.S. staffers are on the East Coast with Jason living in Western Canada, but that's the marvel of the Internet. :-)
Hey - midwest is only called "East Coast" by those crazy Canadians. :P

Sven Johannsen
07-27-2004, 04:27 PM
Hmmm, doesn't this country consist of the West Coast, The Rockies (largely uninhabited due to the rugged terrain, extreme winters, and thin air), Texas and the East Coast?

Janak Parekh
07-27-2004, 04:43 PM
Would that be Pat?
Yep.

Indeed. Although, I'm not sure I'd characterize Ed as on the East Coast, strictly speaking... and Brad's heart is in Indiana... ;)

--janak