View Full Version : One of them which PocketPC to get questions...

scargill
07-22-2004, 11:56 AM
Sorry...but I thought I'd ask!
I'm torn between the VGA screen, USB Host and compact flash slot within the Casio e805 and the processing power, sexiness (comparitivly) and price of the X30.

I currently have an Ipaq 3950, and I wouldn't really mind sticking to the Compaq range of PocketPC's, but there doesn't seem to be much to draw me towards them at the moment.

I was just wondering if anyone had experience of any of these PocketPCs and what your opinions are.

Darius Wey
07-22-2004, 12:38 PM
Sorry...but I thought I'd ask!
I'm torn between the VGA screen, USB Host and compact flash slot within the Casio e805 and the processing power, sexiness (comparitivly) and price of the X30.

I currently have an Ipaq 3950, and I wouldn't really mind sticking to the Compaq range of PocketPC's, but there doesn't seem to be much to draw me towards them at the moment.

I was just wondering if anyone had experience of any of these PocketPCs and what your opinions are.

Casio e805? I hope you're talking about the Toshiba e805 instead. Anyway, if that's what you're referring to, then I can offer two major points of advice:

(1) What your needs and wants are is entirely up to you. If you are dying for a VGA screen, by all means, the e805 is an attractive looking device, and with the Windows Mobile 2003 SE updates available from Toshiba, it's definitely upgradeable to support this higher resolution. The CF slot is also handy if you want a cheap and affordable expandable option at hand. However, the price of the X30 certainly is attractive. With WM2003SE installed, you have landscape support and all the other bits and pieces that have been upgraded in the updated OS. But with an SD slot, don't let that be a deterrent. You can certainly get a lot of SDIO expandable upgrades for your PPC out there. So in short, the choice is up to you.

(2) If you'd like to stick with the iPAQ range, you can always wait a bit and see what HP's latest offerings have for us. As you may have seen by browsing around Pocket PC Thoughts, a couple have already appeared, and a lot more are certainly on their way. With more powerful processors and sleek designs, they may also be an option for you.