View Full Version : HELP: New ipaq requires soft reset to turn on

ltclydefrog
07-22-2004, 04:05 AM
I just got an ipaq 4155 and it works fine but whenever i use the top power button to put it in standby, i cant use the button to turn it back on. I have to press the soft reset button to turn it back on. Is this a command problem and if so, how do i fix. If not, should i return it.

Darius Wey
07-22-2004, 12:58 PM
I'm not entirely sure what the problem is with your unit, but I suggest you backup your important files. Then hard reset your device and reinstall all your programs from scratch and see how it goes from there. It may just be a one-off case - perhaps a program conflicting with the WM2003 standby features.

Steven Cedrone
07-22-2004, 02:33 PM
I agree with the DJ! However, after the Hard Reset, try the device before you load any other software and see if you have the same power up problem...

Steve

Darius Wey
07-22-2004, 03:29 PM
Also, in addition to what Steve said, I also think you should test this powering up issue after EACH program you install. If it really is a program related issue, this course of action could perhaps allow you to filter out the program that's causing the problem.

ltclydefrog
07-23-2004, 04:56 AM
Problem solved, i went to hp.com and got the new rom version (i think thats what it was) and it fixed the problem.

Steven Cedrone
07-23-2004, 12:41 PM
Glad to hear it!

Steve

Darius Wey
07-23-2004, 12:49 PM
Problem solved, i went to hp.com and got the new rom version (i think thats what it was) and it fixed the problem.

Hehe. Ultimately a hard reset was inevitable anyway. Just with or without a ROM upgrade. Glad to hear you fixed the problem. :D