View Full Version : Which PDA ?

timmer
07-21-2004, 06:02 PM
I was wondering if anyone could help if I list what I am looking for in a PDA. I currently own an IPaq H4150 but hate the screen (yellow tint and all). So I wish list is :

1. Very good quality VGA screen
2. Built in WIFI and Bluetooth
3. Good headphone sound quality for use as mp3 player

Cant think of anything else at the moment. I was considering the IPaq HX4705 as it has 4" VGA screen, hardware equalizer (I think). However it is probably out of my price range and I wouldnt buy it until there are some reviews of it anyway.

substring
07-21-2004, 06:09 PM
Then you should wait for the iPAQ 6135. It has built-in WiFi and bluetooth. It is also a quad-band phone so you can lose your current cell phone and carry just one device.

You can order them on many retail web sites. T-Mobile will start selling them soon. After 3 months, ATTWS will jump in.

Hope this helps.

ADBrown
07-21-2004, 06:57 PM
Then you should wait for the iPAQ 6135. It has built-in WiFi and bluetooth. It is also a quad-band phone so you can lose your current cell phone and carry just one device.

You can order them on many retail web sites. T-Mobile will start selling them soon. After 3 months, ATTWS will jump in.

Hope this helps.

The 6135 doesn't have a VGA screen.

Janak Parekh
07-21-2004, 07:38 PM
The 6135 doesn't have a VGA screen.
Correct. timmer, I posted a link to a VGA device comparison chart (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30134) the other day. Take a look -- that should be of help.

--janak

timmer
07-22-2004, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the link - very useful. Some benchmark comparisons would have been nice, especially a Betaplayer benchmark comparison but you cant have everything.

timmer
07-22-2004, 10:40 AM
Also, do you know out of the 3 pics in that link, which is the Asus and which is the Loox ? Its obviously not the one on the right as thats the 4705.

Its interesting though, I was considering the 4705 (depending on price in UK) but after seeing that link the Asus A730 And Loox 720 looks a better bet. The 4705 has more processor power but this alone doesnt swing it for me.

It will be interesting to see how much these devices come out for in the UK as this will affect my decision considerably.

Janak Parekh
07-22-2004, 05:06 PM
The one on the left is the Asus A730 (also to be called the Fujitsu V70), and the middle one is the upcoming F/S Loox 720.

--janak

ADBrown
07-22-2004, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the link - very useful. Some benchmark comparisons would have been nice, especially a Betaplayer benchmark comparison but you cant have everything.

It's hard to have benchmarks when nobody actually has any of the units yet. :wink:

timmer
07-27-2004, 10:04 AM
Well the person who took the photograph in that link certainly had them ;)

Also, what about the Toshiba E800 ? How does this compare ?