View Full Version : Unknown card in socket 1?

nosmohtac
07-21-2004, 09:47 AM
I just bought a new 256MB CF card for my iPAQ, and I keep getting the message "unrecognized card". I only have this problem with my Krusell/Whitney CF case, not in my PC expansion pack.

Can anyone tell me what I should enter at the prompt? What do you put as the driver for a CF card?

Originally I thought it was a problem with the Exdrive driver that I installed to be able to use a storage brick with my iPAQ, because when I used my 128MB CF card after installing it, it would list my CF as "Mounted Volume" ( the same as the storage brick). I no longer think that is the issue, as I did a hard reset (for other reasons) and I still get the <Unrecognized Card> prompt.

Janak Parekh
07-21-2004, 03:28 PM
You should not have to specify a driver for CF memory. That generally suggests something's wrong. Have you successfully used other memory in that CF sleeve as of late?

--janak

nosmohtac
07-21-2004, 11:29 PM
Yes, I can use my 128MB Simpletech card in there, but not the new 256MB PNY card. The odd thing is, it works fine in my PC expansion pack with a CF PC adapter. I thought it might be something with the difference in the slots, but the card also works fine in my J720. :?

Janak Parekh
07-22-2004, 03:23 AM
Weird. :| That's pretty rare. I wonder if the card has weird power requirements or something.

--janak

buckyg
07-22-2004, 06:51 PM
I've occasionally had the same problem. I've got the Krusell/Whitney CF case and haved used a couple of different CF cards. Currently, I'm using a Memorex 512MB CF card. Occasionally, after a soft-reset, it comes up as an "unrecognized card". On the rare times this happens, either a soft-reset or pulling the card and re-inserting it does the trick.

I've also noticed this some when I play around with overclocking software. Things will be stable, working just fine, then i decide to try messing with settings to see if I can increase performance or battery life. That works okay until the next soft-reset. Then my card either is unrecognized or I get no error message but the card is not seen.

blumma
07-25-2004, 09:14 PM
I have the same problem with my new sandisk wifi card with 128 mb of memory. :?