View Full Version : Eagletec CF WiFi Card Problems

brakepad
07-21-2004, 05:47 AM
I purchased an Eagletec CF Wi-Fi card and inserted it into my Ipaq 2210 before reading the instructions. I then read the documentation supplied with the card and it says first install the software and then insert the device.

The Wi-Fi device is not recognised by the Ipaq. Does anyone know how I can remove the driver or whatever needs to be removed to be able to get my Ipaq to recognise teh Wi-Fi card.

Thanks

NewiPAQUser
07-26-2004, 03:00 PM
This is easy, I have the SanDisk CF 128+Wi-Fi and the problem is exactly the same if you plug the card before you installed the driver windows prompt you for name. No matter if you put one or you cancel it won’t work any more. You have to hard reset you device and then install the good driver then put back the card. You can take a look at my tutorials too at: http://www.wifizard.com/tutorialsXP

cheers,
Ivan

:mrgreen:

blumma
07-26-2004, 04:10 PM
I just bought a sandisk + and I still cannot get it to be recognized by my PDA. I downloaded the 2003 driver and I get a a "unrecognized card in socket 1". I uninstalled and reinstalled the software without any luck. I read your tutorial and I went though all the steps. ARGH!! :?

NewiPAQUser
07-26-2004, 05:58 PM
Come on this is insane what do you what to say my tutorial doesn’t work? :D I can tell you it is been tested on a couple of HP2210 did you hard reset it too? You know that uninstall is not exactly the same think and this can be the reason too. Ooouuuuffffff anyway there is not much hope that this can help but … I’m sure that the PDA you have is broken somehow. Did try you cards on a different one?

blumma
07-26-2004, 06:16 PM
Any card I put in, I get a unrecognized card error. So, I have this question, I looked into the slot and all the connectors look ok (nothing missing or bent), is my PDA out of commision in regard to having wireless? I did have a netgear card that did work, but that died. Thanks..

Jeff Rutledge
07-26-2004, 06:21 PM
blumma,

Did you hard reset your device? This means restoring it to factory spec, which wipes out all of your data and programs, so make sure you back up first.

Drivers can become very problematic and a hard reset is often required. If you have done a hard reset and then plug in the card and it's not recognized, then that points to a hardware issue.

blumma
07-26-2004, 06:36 PM
Hard reset = pressing the back with the stylus? If that's it yes, I have done that. If not, please tell me what to do. Thanks.

Jeff Rutledge
07-26-2004, 07:01 PM
That's actually a soft-reset. It's similar to rebooting your PC. A hard reset deletes all the data and programs, restoring your PocketPC to the state it was in when it came out of the box. You lose everything so you need to have a backup of your data and you'll have to reinstall (and re-configure) your programs. The steps to hard reset your device differs from model to model. Your manual should give you the steps. If not, reply here with your model type.

blumma
07-26-2004, 09:33 PM
Doh! Well, I did a rom update which did the same thing (thought that would help with the Netgear problem), which it didn't. I lost my manual, and would like to know how to do a hard reset (I have a Ipaq 2210)

Steven Cedrone
07-27-2004, 03:17 AM
Press and hold the two outside application buttons (buttons 1 & 4) and at the same time press and hold the reset switch. You should see the screen begin to fade. Hold it for about 10 seconds...

Steve

blumma
07-27-2004, 11:58 PM
I'm stuck in the river without a paddle. I was trying to get insight from HP. I had to remove the battery cover to get the S/N and other ID. Apparently, when I took off the cover, the hinges came off and now I can't close the cover to the battery. Now, the IPAQ won't turn on. :cry:

Steven Cedrone
07-28-2004, 01:52 AM
Blumma,

If you order free replacement grips for your 22xx, they include a new battery door in the package...

Steve

blumma
07-28-2004, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I've already ordered that. Thanks. :D

phreaker18
10-27-2005, 02:48 PM
did anyone finally manage to run an Eagletec CF WiFi card on their PPC??
im stuck with the same and it is not recognised by the device... i tried on WM 2003 SE as well as WM 5.0.... didnt work on either.

someone please help me out