View Full Version : Pocket PC Tools Temporarily Down

Janak Parekh
07-20-2004, 05:00 PM
A number of you have been asking where Pocket PC Tools has disappeared to. jkendrick writes in with the latest news: <i>"Our web host decided to make some major changes including DNS changes that has temporarily knocked PocketPC Tools down. We have been down for 4 days now as their changes resulted in a corruption of our server that we are working on now. We hope to have it resolved shortly so please check back with us from time to time and hopefully we'll be back up shortly. Thanks."</i><br /><br />Good to hear they'll be back up soon. 8)

snowlion
07-20-2004, 05:04 PM
speaking of which...looks like pocketpcpassion.com
is down and out for the count!

arnage2
07-20-2004, 05:08 PM
ppc passion has been down for quite awhile.

Janak Parekh
07-20-2004, 05:11 PM
speaking of which...looks like pocketpcpassion.com
is down and out for the count!
As I mentioned in a previous thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29964), PPCP is down until data recovery happens. :(

--janak

gorkon280
07-20-2004, 07:41 PM
Hmm....how can a DNS change corrupt a server? Is this Database corruption or just the static templates that have been corrupted? In either case, it doesn't seem, to me that it could happen....although stranger things HAVE happened before.

Janak Parekh
07-20-2004, 08:39 PM
Hmm....how can a DNS change corrupt a server? Is this Database corruption or just the static templates that have been corrupted? In either case, it doesn't seem, to me that it could happen....although stranger things HAVE happened before.
I'm assuming it was a cascading set of configuration changes, or vague wording. Most people who own sites aren't sysadmins. In any case, the sooner it's back up, the better. ;)

--janak

jkendrick
07-21-2004, 12:16 AM
I think the key phrase was "major changes including DNS changes" that bit us. Hopefully it will be up soon and we'll assess the damage. At least we have a current backup. :D

Kevin C. Tofel
07-21-2004, 12:38 AM
At least we have a current backup. :D

Whew....that's good to know.....I kept a hard copy of the last 4,000 posts and was getting ready to start typing!!! :lol:

KCT

jkendrick
07-21-2004, 06:21 PM
Umm, Kevin, don't lose that hardcopy just yet. :D

Just kidding!

jkendrick
07-22-2004, 02:17 AM
We're baaaack!

Steven Cedrone
07-22-2004, 01:54 PM
We're baaaack!

Congrats! Glad to see you back up! Now tell the truth, you guys shut it down so you could all take a mini vacation right??? :wink:

Steve

jkendrick
07-22-2004, 02:02 PM
We're baaaack!

Congrats! Glad to see you back up! Now tell the truth, you guys shut it down so you could all take a mini vacation right??? :wink:

Steve

The reports that I had a short trip to Vegas during this time are greatly exaggerated. :D