View Full Version : Question installing outlook 2002 from companion CD to desktop PC

rundcm
07-20-2004, 06:54 AM
I wish to set up E-740 to a new Dell desktop with Windows XP home preinstalled. an error messege appears on

"C:\windows\Fonts Wingng2.ttf."

C:\check your connection to the network,or CD-ROM Drive for other solutions see " D:\MS\outlook\files\pfiles\msoffice\office10\1033\setup.hlp.

The "run>DOS" check indicates no CD damage, though it does appear to have scratches on it. I have outlook 2002 from the companion CD installed on other desktop also running XP. Is there a work-around for this?

Any feedback appreciated

D

benzf1
07-20-2004, 07:37 AM
thats very random file for it not to read. i'd presume it is a damaged cd. how old is the computer? could be a dirty dusty cd lens in the drive. its a font file so its not a major installation problem.

run>dos = checks for errors on cd? cool i never new that :?

Darius Wey
07-20-2004, 08:36 AM
If you have another CD/DVD drive at your disposal, I suggest using that. Such an error is usually the drive's fault, although sometimes it can be the CD itself. In my experiences with such errors, I just moved the CD from my DVD drive to my CD writer and it reads fine.

Janak Parekh
07-20-2004, 03:50 PM
The "run>DOS" check indicates no CD damage
Do you mean CHKDSK? It won't do a surface scan (at least, not by default), so it won't give you an accurate meter of CD "goodness". The test is to try copying the entire CD to a temporary folder on your hard drive and see if it chokes anywhere on the process.

And as DJ Apod suggested, try another CD drive or another machine. If neither work, and you don't have access to another Outlook 2002 CD, you might want to try calling your PDA manufacturer and/or Microsoft for a replacement.

--janak

rundcm
07-20-2004, 06:59 PM
O.K., Got it........ it needed a through wipe down now it works.

Thanks

D